Noah Vedral Transferring to Nebraska

Huskers44

25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He may have to be a walk-on for a year if UCF blocked him.

Yes, he's a walk-on, how long is up to UCF.  It can be the entire time he's here or one year.  There's no guarantee that he will be released and allowed to go to UNL after one season.  The only way to have ensured that was to go to JuCo, but since he's already enrolled in classes.  He's walking on here, for now.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Sounds like he will be a walk on this semester but Callahan expects him to be on scholarship by the end of the summer. 

Nebraska will do a home and home with UCF for the full release of Vedral.   :sarcasm

I'm sure there will be some back room deals, Danny White is all about optics, and won't block Vedral from getting a scholarship here.  He doesn't want to lose the positive press he's been getting.

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Can he just walk on for a semester, or does the "ban" UCF put on him last for a full year? 

technically, the 'ban' can be for the life of his college career.  UCF never has to release his scholarship and allow him to transfer and get schollie at UNL.  But the longer they block his scholarship, the longer they are on 84 scholarships.  Until Vedral gets his release, UCF is one scholarship down.

Edited by sho

12 minutes ago, sho said:

Yes, he's a walk-on, how long is up to UCF.  It can be the entire time he's here or one year.  There's no guarantee that he will be released and allowed to go to UNL after one season.  The only way to have ensured that was to go to JuCo, but since he's already enrolled in classes.  He's walking on here, for now.

Interesting, I didn't know those details.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Can he just walk on for a semester, or does the "ban" UCF put on him last for a full year? 

I don’t know any other specifics. Now that he is gone though I can’t imagaine UCF would want to drag this out for very long.  Could be wrong though. 

5 minutes ago, husker98 said:

No very classy by UCF on this one. But i suppose they are doing it to send a message to any other would be follow frost to Nebraska guys.

A lot of schools 'block' certain schools, it's not just UCF thing.  It's just this time, the outgoing coach and player both went home.  A lot of schools will block conference schools, coach's new school and schools on the schedule for X amount of years.  it's to prevent the HC from poaching players to his new school.  Just turns out, this the rare case where the player is both going home and following the coach. 

• Plus1 1