SOTUS - Trump's first - will it be his last

SOTUS Poll Questions  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I think this is where you'll find the Trump non-supporters on the other side of the fence (at least me anyway). IMO, Trump's constant attacks on and lies about the press are an attack on the 1st amendment, which is more serious than anything Obama did. Trump also talks about silencing his opposition, which is another attack on the 1st Amendment. Also Trump's attacks on judges are of graven concern because they erode the separation of the judicial branch from the executive branch.

It's disconcerting to me that you can so easily dismiss Trump's lies as minor.

Let’s wait until he threatens to arrest the press lest they give up their sources, taps the phones in the press room and hacks reporters computers first

27 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Let’s wait until he threatens to arrest the press lest they give up their sources, taps the phones in the press room and hacks reporters computers first

when he has wrested that much power away and he can arrest the journalist and opposition party members...it will already be too late.  but you have bought into it so you don't care.   

• Plus1 2

It's too easy to poke holes in these claims to take anything this troll says seriously.

Trump threatens the press

Trump threatens to weaken First Amendment protections for reporters

“I love free press. I think it’s great,” Trump said Saturday on Fox News Channel, before quickly adding, “We ought to open up the libel laws, and I’m going to do that.”

The changes envisioned by the celebrity businessman turned Republican front-runner would mean that “when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,” he said at a rally Friday in Fort Worth, Texas.

Trump threatens to jail opposition party members

‘Lock Her Up’ Becomes More Than a Slogan

Democrats vividly recall Mr. Trump on the campaign trail vowing to prosecute Mrs. Clinton if he won. “It was alarming enough to chant ‘lock her up’ at a campaign rally,” said Brian Fallon, who was Mrs. Clinton’s campaign spokesman. “It is another thing entirely to try to weaponize the Justice Department in order to actually carry it out.”

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Good choice to ignore the abuses of the Obama administration. You know, the things he actually did! As I posted with links!

Simply responding to this false claim that we would have to wait for Trump to do these things:

2 hours ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

He has, a ten-second google search shows that, and your false pretenses are too easily exposed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Simply responding to this false claim that we would have to wait for Trump to do these things:

He has, a ten-second google search shows that, and your false pretenses are too easily exposed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No he hasn’t. People claim that he threatened that, perhaps he did. You conveniently ignore that Obama actually did do those things. But he was the messiah so it’s all good!  

Link to where our President Donald Trump has actually charged anyone.  You can’t. I posted links where Obama actually did. Your criticism of President Donald Trump seems disingenuous in light of the lack of concern for Obama actually doing what you are accusing President Trump of threatening to do

40 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Well I guess it might be a rebalance then. After all Obama did that. 

Here's something I don't get.

Anytime I am in a conversation with a Trump supporter and I bring up things I don't like about him, they always say..."Well, Hillary did that too...or....Obama did that too".

Umm....As someone who didn't support either of those two.....I thought we wanted something better.  I thought we wanted a Republican President who supported the military, supported law enforcement, didn't lie to the American people, didn't aid foreign enemies,  didn't molest women, didn't have sexual scandals.... and didn't make policy decisions based on his or her own monetary gain.....oh yeah....and golf less.

But...for some reason, Republicans LOVE a guy who does all of that.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Anytime I am in a conversation with a Trump supporter and I bring up things I don't like about him, they always say..."Well, Hillary did that too...or....Obama did that too".

Umm....As someone who didn't support either of those two.....I thought we wanted something better.  I thought we wanted a Republican President who supported the military, supported law enforcement, didn't lie to the American people, didn't molest women, didn't have sexual scandals.... and didn't make policy decisions based on his or her own monetary gain.....oh yeah....and golf less.

not all republicans love that.  i actually registered as an independent because of all that.   i can't support this guy and what he is doing to the republican party.   it isn't the party i used to know.  it's been a long slow ride for me to get to this point....but here i am.    if a moderate party emerges from this extremists times i will be happy to support them.    but for now i think i will support  democrats just to do what i can to try to counteract the extremism of the current republican party.   dont want the extreme left either...but i think we need to counter the far right capsize we have now.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Umm....As someone who didn't support either of those two.....I thought we wanted something better.  I thought we wanted a Republican President who supported the military, supported law enforcement, didn't lie to the American people, didn't molest women, didn't have sexual scandals.... and didn't make policy decisions based on his or her own monetary gain.....oh yeah....and golf less.

His policies are fantastic, he may lie less than his predecessors, it wasn’t a concern of the press. I spent 8 years waiting for people to care about the lying incompetent schmuck that preceded our President Trump. The press didn’t seem to care, his apostles certainly didn’t. Now you expect me to be outraged because our President included streaming when he said (likely true) that he had the most viewed SOTU? Nope. I’m familiar with Alinsky and Chicago politics. I will keep an eye on policies, business and my investments. I am ecstatic. It’s too bad when 1/2 of the country in light of all the fantastic things that are happening, are reduced to claiming that a tweet is significant.