SOTUS - Trump's first - will it be his last

SOTUS Poll Questions  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Ive been watching the media and the administrations lie for years. 

Every State of the Union speech is loaded with bulls#!t. That's the formula.

But no President has lied so bigly and so often on claims so easily disproven as Donald Trump. It's not even close. 

If you want to talk media bias, fair enough. If you want to talk facts, I'll stack the worst of the New York Times against any given morning of Fox & Friends.

This is relevant, because Donald Trump immediately Tweets talking points from Fox & Friends as fact, when they're not, a habit that often throws his own staff and administration under the bus. 

It's easy to say all politicians are liars and everyone does it. But no, we've really entered uncharted territory for American checks and balances. 

• Plus1 8

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL...kind of like changing a memo between when it is read by the committee that voted on it and when it is released?

Yup.  Honestly as I sit in a parking lot playing the podcast and reading the news it's scary how close some of the tracking it.

58 minutes ago, commando said:

is there any plausible deniability for gaetz in this situation? can anyone really show up at his office and get tickets to the sotus the day of the event without any background check?  

Obviously, security would not be a problem bringing him with no background check.  People like him LOVE Trump and would never think about harming him.

I can't imagine the Secret Service would be OK with that.  That's crazy! He was in the same room as the leaders of the country!

There is zero chance this guy just walked up, asked for a ticket, and got it without any prior knowledge.  I can see about two dozen FOIA requests coming to Mr. Gaetz in the next few weeks seeking any/all communication with this guy.

10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Its not even close to the same. Right now is an unprecedented time for WH and media relations and to deny that is nothing short of ignorance to the facts

Right, let me know when this administration lies about an operation to inflate gun crime numbers, forces civilians to break the law. Lie to reporters and the country about numbers and only drop the op when it gets a law enforcement officer killed. 

1 hour ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Right, let me know when this administration lies about an operation to inflate gun crime numbers, forces civilians to break the law. Lie to reporters and the country about numbers and only drop the op when it gets a law enforcement officer killed. 

Do you have any evidence for this claim?

And doesn't the Trump admin lie to reporters about numbers almost daily?

49 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

C2yeq5CXcAEp2TD.png

Oh, you obviously misread the post I quoted! Thats OK! You should look at it! You can leaver your nifty picture up even though you didn't use it properly!

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Nobody here would care if I did. 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/atf-68000-guns-in-mexico-traced-to-us/2012/04/26/gIQAtSz9kT_story.html?utm_term=.2e9ca8cd0255

This is somewhat pointless as nobody cares, and it is completely off topic!

Edited by 45timesbetterthanemptysuit
7 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Oh right, I had forgotten about the guns thing with Mexico, thanks for the links. I agree that was a clusterf*%k.

But Obama being a liar (or Clinton or Nixon or etc.) doesn't have any bearing on whether Trump is lying. That's why it's whataboutism.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Oh right, I had forgotten about the guns thing with Mexico, thanks for the links. I agree that was a clusterf*%k.

But Obama being a liar (or Clinton or Nixon or etc.) doesn't have any bearing on whether Trump is lying. That's why it's whataboutism.

I find Trumps lies odd, curious and pointless. I find Obamas lies criminal, lethal and trying to force legislation. It may be whataboutism but I believe someone did not understand how anyone can accept his lies. I pointed out why I can. There are, of course, more examples that are, to me equally if not more heinous, but that should be another thread.

3 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

I find Trumps lies odd, curious and pointless.

I think this is where you'll find the Trump non-supporters on the other side of the fence (at least me anyway). IMO, Trump's constant attacks on and lies about the press are an attack on the 1st amendment, which is more serious than anything Obama did. Trump also talks about silencing his opposition, which is another attack on the 1st Amendment. Also Trump's attacks on judges are of graven concern because they erode the separation of the judicial branch from the executive branch.

It's disconcerting to me that you can so easily dismiss Trump's lies as minor.

• Plus1 3