Parkland, FL High School Shooting

23 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

No your views aren’t mainstream anything. They’re far from and part of the reason the GOP has degenerated into a shell of its former self. But delusions that fringe belief systems are or should be mainstream? 

Also, things like numbers and hyperbole aren’t your friends, since there’s not a lot of people in this thread advocating abolishment of the 2nd Amendment. Maybe you personally, since you come off as unhinged and unflinching in your beliefs, no matter how mathematically wrong you are, but not the 2nd Amendment for everyone. 

As for OPS, considering you ultimately fought against educating children and took pride in it...not to mention dentegrated the work teachers do, why should anyone take your views on education seriously? 

You don’t have any idea what “mainstream” views are. I bet you and the rest if the folks at your Hillary Victory Party were just as surprised as the MSNBC crowd when Trump won.

As I recall (I don’t feel like scanning five pages back) the question was whether people were advocating repealing the Second Amendment and I was asked to provide proof they were.

Teaching kids a Planned Parenthood based sex-ed curriculum is far more about indoctrination than education.

8 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Interesting argument from a decidedly conservative partisan news site (The Federalist): that Assault Rifles must remain legal and readily accessible, because the Second Amendment protects our right to an armed overthrow of the government. Oh, and the school shootings and Vegas shootings suck, but that's the cost of protecting the Second Amendment. 

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/19/second-amendment-worth-dying/

I think we're starting to have the real conversation here--why is there a fringe minority so hell bent on protecting their bastardized interpretation of the Second Amendment at the expense of public safety. Because in their mind, armed insurrection against the Federal Government is a right granted to them, and one that will be taken from their cold, dead hands. 

If you had any familiarity with the thinking of the Founders at all, you would realize that the primary point of the Second Amendment was to provide the citizenry with a last ditch ability to defend itself against its own government should that become necessary. It’s amazing to me how little some know about American history. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you had any familiarity with the thinking of the Founders at all, you would realize that the primary point of the Second Amendment was to provide the citizenry with a last ditch ability to defend itself against its own government should that become necessary. It’s amazing to me how little some know about American history. 

LOL, no that’s not the original intent—that’s the intent of activist judges who changed existing precedent to suit their version of the Second Amendment. 

The second amendement is only there to provide states the right to defend themselves via a well-regulated militia. That’s it. It doesn’t guarantee an individual citizen’s right to own firearms. It’s activist judges and zealots (like yourself) that have perverted history to suit your selfish, myopic wants. 

It’s pretty obvious you’re doing little more than regurgitating Fox News/Far Right talking points, so there’s no use discussing anything with someone that’s added next to nothing to the topic at hand. Especially when they’ve been proven wrong time and again. 

• Plus1 3

US Constitution Article 1, section 8, clause 15: "To provide for the calling of the militia to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions."

it looks to me like the militia isn't here to overthrow the government...but to put down those that would

4 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

LOL, no that’s not the original intent—that’s the intent of activist judges who changed existing precedent to suit their version of the Second Amendment. 

The second amendement is only there to provide states the right to defend themselves via a well-regulated militia. That’s it. It doesn’t guarantee an individual citizen’s right to own firearms. It’s activist judges and zealots (like yourself) that have perverted history to suit your selfish, myopic wants. 

It’s pretty obvious you’re doing little more than regurgitating Fox News/Far Right talking points, so there’s no use discussing anything with someone that’s added next to nothing to the topic at hand. Especially when they’ve been proven wrong time and again. 

The meaning of the Second Amendment, protecting the rights of individuals to own firearms, has been consistent since the founding. The only activism occurred when liberals decided that gun control was necessary, repeal of the Second Amendment was impractical and too difficult, so the argument gun fun ownership required membership in a militia would be floated. It’s simple nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, commando said:

US Constitution Article 1, section 8, clause 15: "To provide for the calling of the militia to execute the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, and repel invasions."

it looks to me like the militia isn't here to overthrow the government...but to put down those that would

The whole point of the Bill of Rights was to clearly delineate the rights citizens had to protect them from governmental abuses. After fleeing oppressive and tyrannical governments, the Founders were all too aware that any government could become tyrannical and wanted to provide clear checks on government power. 

I teach legal history for a living. It’s depressing how many remain so hopelessly ignorant. Lots of OPS grads roaming about it seems. Take solace in the fact that you know why Heather has two mommies I guess. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The meaning of the Second Amendment, protecting the rights of individuals to own firearms, has been consistent since the founding. The only activism occurred when liberals decided that gun control was necessary, repeal of the Second Amendment was impractical and too difficult, so the argument gun fun ownership required membership in a militia would be floated. It’s simple nonsense. 

The simple nonsense to me is people clinging to a 200 year old piece of paper like it’s the unbending word of God sent down from the mountain . 

Being so familiar with the intimate thoughts of the founders,  you should know that they understood things were going to change, and revisions to their original plan might need to be made .

Life today barely resembles life back then,  and the laws of the land shouldn’t either . 

Edited by Big Red 40
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You don’t have any idea what “mainstream” views are. I bet you and the rest if the folks at your Hillary Victory Party were just as surprised as the MSNBC crowd when Trump won.

As I recall (I don’t feel like scanning five pages back) the question was whether people were advocating repealing the Second Amendment and I was asked to provide proof they were.

Teaching kids a Planned Parenthood based sex-ed curriculum is far more about indoctrination than education.

Surprised yeah, but  definitely more horrified and disgusted  . 

Planned parenthood is based largely off scientific facts, and statistical data . Those are actually good things to “indoctrinate” kids with . 

• Plus1 1