Parkland, FL High School Shooting

12 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

The simple nonsense to me is people clinging to a 200 year old piece of paper like it’s the unbending word of God sent down from the mountain . 

Being so familiar with the intimate thoughts of the founders,  you should know that they understood things were going to change, and revisions to their original plan might need to be made .

Life today barely resembles life back then,  and the laws of the land shouldn’t either . 

Of course they knew things would change. But they recognized that the nature of power is that it corrupts and that any government, no matter well formed and intentioned, could become tyrannical. So they included core protections to ensure individual right against the possibility of governmental abuse.

If you think things have changed that much, try to repeal the Second Amendment.

Edited by Ric Flair

11 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Surprised yeah, but  definitely more horrified and disgusted  . 

Planned parenthood is based largely off scientific facts, and statistical data . Those are actually good things to “indoctrinate” kids with . 

Planned Parenthood is based on eugenics and abortion for profit. Anything that drives more pregnancies that they can then work to terminate is in their financial interest.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Planned Parenthood is based on eugenics and abortion for profit. Anything that drives more pregnancies that they can then work to terminate is in their financial interest.

HA! This isn't the place but boy do i have so much to say about this. 

Also, no one is trying to repeal the second amendment but the interperetation was greatly streched within the last century and that is a fact 

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course they knew things would change. But they recognized that the nature of power is that it corrupts and that any government, no matter well formed and intentioned, could become tyrannical. So they included core protections to ensure individual right against the possibility of governmental abuse.

If you think things have changed that much, try to repeal the Second Amendment.

I don't want the Second Amendment repealed, nor does anyone i know. 

Adding to, or changing some of the gun laws already in place doesn't require a constitutional amendment, and i think its definitely an option worth looking at.

22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

HA! This isn't the place but boy do i have so much to say about this. 

Also, no one is trying to repeal the second amendment but the interperetation was greatly streched within the last century and that is a fact 

How in your view was its interpretation changed? 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you had any familiarity with the thinking of the Founders at all, you would realize that the primary point of the Second Amendment was to provide the citizenry with a last ditch ability to defend itself against its own government should that become necessary. It’s amazing to me how little some know about American history. 

But yet a peaceful protest towards that same government is viewed as despicable. 

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You've made some cogent points on this thread, and forced some other posters to rethink and redefine their positions. This forum could use a little more push from the right.

But this is one of those "true colors" posts. Ugly and inaccurate and yet clearly indicative of the mindset: a brave warrior for the truth who will swallow any bulls#!t conspiracy theory to thwart his liberal adversary.

And then run away like a coward.

This is why there aren't more people like you on this forum. 

Speaking of the truth, please let me know the college where you are teaching. We need to protect our children. 

• Plus1 7
17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You've made some cogent points on this thread, and forced some other posters to rethink and redefine their positions. This forum could use a little more push from the right.

But this is one of those "true colors" posts. Ugly and inaccurate and yet clearly indicative of the mindset: a brave warrior for the truth who will swallow any bulls#!t conspiracy theory to thwart his liberal adversary.

And then run away like a coward.

This is why there aren't more people like you on this forum. 

Speaking of the truth, please let me know the college where you are teaching. We need to protect our children. 

Who is running? Read about Margaret Sanger and her involvement in eugenics. Why do you think Planned Parenthood clinics are overwhelmingly in minority communities? Why do you think they do almost no adoption referrals?

Because 1) They make millions of dollars from abortions and 2) At their core, they want to call what they see as undesirables. The rest of us call them minorities.