Russia

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Same problem as the F-16s. They're most effective when you already have air superiority. Neither side has come close to achieving that.

This is the perfect conflict for stealth technologies, and the fact that Russia hasn't really deployed the Felon beyond their own borders is very telling about how few they have operational and how "stealth" it truly is.

Russia is really an army from the 80s that sports some modern s#!tty tech in minimal numbers. Their greatest strength is their willingness to kill their own men. A tale as old as time. Grab the guys gun before you. If you were to switch geographical locations with the USA & Ukraine it would be a blood bath for them. 

56 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

This thing sets up like the end of the cold war.  Kick some money in and put Ukraine over the top and make Russia spend themselves in money and human capital back a few decades.

This is what I don't get.  Europe should be THRILLED about things right now.  Kick in money, troops, weapons, go wipe out the commies once and for all and turn it into the gas station that it is.

There is not one "real" country in Europe that cares about Russia.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This is what I don't get.  Europe should be THRILLED about things right now.  Kick in money, troops, weapons, go wipe out the commies once and for all and turn it into the gas station that it is.

There is not one "real" country in Europe that cares about Russia.

I think they see appeasement as a plan for peace.

So let's pull all aid now over the mistaken notion that European countries aren't paying their fair share, or that after Putin waltzes through Ukraine that he'll turnover a new leaf and play besties with all his other neighbors, or that by withdrawaling support now it won't cost us more in the long run.  It's better if we base our foreign policy on a hunch my coffee klatch came up with that Putin will reform, or that he won't and isn't basing his entire internal policies on rebuilding his military, or whatever Joe Rogan says.  

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1