Russia

On 1/20/2024 at 10:21 AM, teachercd said:

nazi soldiers did kill what would have been a great uncle of mine, in front of my grandmother who was just a girl...then they took her to a work camp for like a year.

Wouldn't the Soviet Union have been an Allie when the Nazis killed you great uncle?

How do you feel about the Ukrainian Nazis?

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

33 minutes ago, Gage County said:

Wouldn't the Soviet Union have been an Allie when the Nazis killed you great uncle?

How do you feel about the Ukrainian Nazis?

I don't really feel much about them at all.

Growing up, my Dad and grandma really just hated the german nazis and the commies.  There was never really any talk about Ukraine and when they did it seemed to be more about how they were also mistreated by the commies.  There was/is some really minor minor minor similarities in the language, Polish and Ukrainian, so I think they sort of felt okay about them.  But like I said, they really did not talk about Ukraine all that much.  

And yes, the commies were allies at that time but we all know how that went.

That is a good question though!  I will ask my Dad about that and see what he says.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

And yes, the commies were allies at that time but we all know how that went.

That is a good question though!  I will ask my Dad about that and see what he says.

The Soviets and the Germans invaded Poland in 1939 so there is that!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, commando said:

first...his mine plow fails and his tank gets blown up by a mine...and he starts thinking how lucky he was that he survived that.   then the drone found him

Jesus. f#&%ing brutal. 

• Fire 1