Russia

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Come on, they will pay it back 

Spending needs to go down. Way down. It is going to doom us. Well not any old f#&%ers that are in office just people my age. The same group of boomers who lecture young people about fiscal responsibility have none that run this country. It is laundering to push more money into their pockets. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
9 minutes ago, Decked said:

Spending needs to go down. Way down. It is going to doom us. Well not any old f#&%ers that are in office just people my age. The same group of boomers who lecture young people about fiscal responsibility have none that run this country. It is laundering to push more money into their pockets. 

So I want russia gone, totally gone, more than anyone here.

What I don't like is the new "You don't want to give Ukraine ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD??? YOU MUST LOVE PUTIN" which has become a thing.

With that said, if these leads to russia being gone, that is great news.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 1
1 hour ago, Decked said:

It does, and there's plenty of ways to do it and still fund these kinds of bills.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, commando said:

another "BOOM" in russia last night

And perhaps another boom in Russia  - Rocket engine plant in Siberia.   Funny how these things keep happening :dunno

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/explosion-reported-at-russian-space-agency-s-rocket-engine-plant-in-siberia/vi-BB1ikue3?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=99256b71d967404780f638fb26c372b2&ei=29

An explosion has been reported in southern Russia, prompting speculation that a Russian defense manufacturing plant sustained damage early on Thursday.

• Oh Yeah! 2

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

And perhaps another boom in Russia  - Rocket engine plant in Siberia.   Funny how these things keep happening :dunno

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/explosion-reported-at-russian-space-agency-s-rocket-engine-plant-in-siberia/vi-BB1ikue3?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=99256b71d967404780f638fb26c372b2&ei=29

I wonder if Tucker thinks Russia OSHA and window/ledge inspectors are better than the US.

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I wonder if Tucker thinks Russia OSHA and window/ledge inspectors are better than the US.

We JUST went over OSHA in class the other day.  I so wish I would have thought about this!!!  HAHAHA

Of course, I am sure it would have offended someone. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

We JUST went over OSHA in class the other day.  I so wish I would have thought about this!!!  HAHAHA

Of course, I am sure it would have offended someone. 

Put it on your next test - throw the students for a loop.   I've done that before in the college course I taught - just to give the students a 'mental break' while taking a test - some way off in left field question.  

• Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Put it on your next test - throw the students for a loop.   I've done that before in the college course I taught - just to give the students a 'mental break' while taking a test - some way off in left field question.  

That is a good idea!

• Thanks 1
Just now, teachercd said:

That is a good idea!

Teaching a business management course and threw in a couple questions about George Washington and the American Revolution - it also gave me an idea how far along on the 100 question test they were at.  I would get a laugh, or a strange "look up' :blink: - where did that come from and what does it have to do wt mgmt?   Of course, I didn't count those questions.  I've also thrown in on the 'Yes and No" questions this little question:  The Nebraska Cornhuskers are the greatest football team ever.     This is of course in Sooner land.  Lots of fun with those.  They don't know if they should agree or not. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1