Mavric

RB John Bivens

HuskerBoard Predictor  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont really see it as overload, How many TRUE RBs are in this class? Mills who is a Jr. is a true RB. Every other RB has been told to learn some WR. I think Frost and Co is just looking for athletes to get on the field and flex all over the place. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Ryan Held gets who he wants....may he never leave Nebraska. 

Our next OC, me thinks.

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I dont really see it as overload, How many TRUE RBs are in this class? Mills who is a Jr. is a true RB. Every other RB has been told to learn some WR. I think Frost and Co is just looking for athletes to get on the field and flex all over the place. 

I agree. Between RB/WR/TE we have 7 commits right now. 

1 minute ago, Wunderkind said:

I know he is a great recruiter, but why do you think he will be a good OC?

Because Frost is actually our OC.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

I know he is a great recruiter, but why do you think he will be a good OC?

Once upon a time, it was said that he quizzes Frost on at least 100 plays before each game.  So, he knows what the coach wants.  Besides, like @B.B. Hemingway stated, Frost is the OC anyway.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Even without that, just look at the RBs we have on roster. Washington and Mazour are tge only guys with any PT under Frost. The only other guy is Bradley and who knows with him. Thompkins is almost sure to RS, this kid probably would as well. We probably want 5 or 6 scholarship guys and taking this guy would go a long way towards suring up the numbers at RB. As I see it you have 

Mills-Jr.

Bradley?-RS So.

Washington-So.

Johnson-Fr.

Thompkins-RS Fr.

Bivens- RS Fr.

Looks good to me.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Even without that, just look at the RBs we have on roster. Washington and Mazour are tge only guys with any PT under Frost. The only other guy is Bradley and who knows with him. Thompkins is almost sure to RS, this kid probably would as well. We probably want 5 or 6 scholarship guys and taking this guy would go a long way towards suring up the numbers at RB. As I see it you have 

Mills-Jr.

Bradley?-Jr.

Washington-So.

Johnson-Fr.

Thompkins-RS Fr.

Bivens- RS Fr.

Looks good to me.

Looks like a balanced RB group.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Bradley will be a redshirt sophomore.

Miles Jones is listed as a RB on the roster.

Thanks for the correction. I have Jones slotted at the R position.

27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Mills-Jr.

Bradley?-RS So.

Washington-So.

Johnson-Fr.

Thompkins-RS Fr.

Bivens- RS Fr.

Looks good to me.

The bolded has nothing to do with if we should take another RB or not in this class.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The bolded has nothing to do with if we should take another RB or not in this class.

That was more in reference to I don't know if Bradley will be a contributor. Not worried about incoming recruits. 

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like off-the-field issues are in play here.

How so?  Something new?  Or there were things that happened before that caused schools to cool on him?  Did they creep back up?

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

How so?  Something new?  Or there were things that happened before that caused schools to cool on him?  Did they creep back up?

It was pretty vague.  But it sounds like that has been known for awhile and that's at least as much if not more the reason for his lack of interest from other schools than his injury.

My guess would be academics but it really didn't say.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It was pretty vague.  But it sounds like that has been known for awhile and that's at least as much if not more the reason for his lack of interest from other schools than his injury.

My guess would be academics but it really didn't say.

Academics were a question this spring/summer. Bivens says he is good to go though.

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Academics were a question this spring/summer. Bivens says he is good to go though.

He might be good on the grades, but what kid doesn't say that? 

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

He very well could be now.  Or at least to the point that if he gets this semester in order he'll be fine.  But it sounds like there were some issues previously at least.

That being said, one Maurice Washington was in the same boat at this time last year.  And that worked out pretty well.....

Epply closed today because of a plane running off the runway due to icy conditions.   My guess is they didn't make it unless they flew into Lincoln.  

2 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I wonder if he and Houston have made it to Lincoln with the icy conditions outside. 

Houston made it, source is twitter. Can't find much if any twitter presence from Bivens atleast recently.

Hopefully he made it.

Said he really liked the trip and really likes Nebraska.

Going to evaluate his options when he gets back home.  Considering OVs to Georgia, Kansas State and Toledo.

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

Isn't this next weekend the last time to take an OV? I wonder what his backup plan would be. I assume Toledo 

Probably old news.....Listening to Sean Callahan on KFAB going into work this morning that he really likes Nebraska. If we miss out on who we really want, then he might be in the 2019 class. Seems like he is waiting on our staff. I could be totally wrong, but that is what was implied by Sean. 

Parker hopefully.

Houston

Bivens

That is my guess. 

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, Norhusker said:

Probably old news.....Listening to Sean Callahan on KFAB going into work this morning that he really likes Nebraska. If we miss out on who we really want, then he might be in the 2019 class. Seems like he is waiting on our staff. I could be totally wrong, but that is what was implied by Sean. 

Parker hopefully.

Houston

Bivens

That is my guess. 

I would take that to close out the class.

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I know he is a backup plan but I like Bivens and hope we have the room for him

He should be given the green light to commit soon. We will have room as the only other guy I see us getting is Houston. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

He should be given the green light to commit soon. We will have room as the only other guy I see us getting is Houston. 

No Parker?

22 minutes ago, Yeezy said:

No Parker?

I don’t have a very good feeling with him. From what I’ve read he isnt really enjoying the recruiting process. I have a feeling he stays closer to home at Tech or goes to Kansas where he has a relationship. Hope I’m wrong. 

33 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

I don’t have a very good feeling with him. From what I’ve read he isnt really enjoying the recruiting process. I have a feeling he stays closer to home at Tech or goes to Kansas where he has a relationship. Hope I’m wrong. 

How ouch would it be if we don't land any pass rusher?  I'm thinking it won't be good.

• Confused 3
  • Eyeroll 2

18 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

How ouch would it be if we don't land any pass rusher?  I'm thinking it won't be good.

Technically we already have landed a couple pass rushers.  We seem to be wanting more just to make sure we have as good of a chance of someone working out as we can but it's not like we'd totally miss out if we don't get another one.

32 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

Serious question have you only been keeping up with the recruiting for this month only and decided to neglect are other signees?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Serious question have you only been keeping up with the recruiting for this month only and decided to neglect are other signees?

I was gonna say, it’s like 2018 doesn’t exist to him.

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

That’s my thought as well.   It’s almost like people don’t realize we have a top 20 recruiting class here.   

Don’t think we are taking him. HOL guys only expect one to two more commits and that will be Houston and possibly Parker. 

Edit: or maybe Asante 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Don’t think we are taking him. HOL guys only expect one to two more commits and that will be Houston and possibly Parker. 

Edit: or maybe Asante 

I can see this, but if Asante, Parker and Houston want to be :bigredn: my guess is we take all three. At least, I hope so.

6 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I can see this, but if Asante, Parker and Houston want to be :bigredn: my guess is we take all three. At least, I hope so.

Agreed. I would take all 3. 

• Plus1 1

I'm still hoping Bivens comes as I think he may be the best recruit in the entire class based on the film, etc.   I know nothing of the injury or grades of course but if the knee was not 'ruinged, and he gets his grades/scores, we need to find a spot for him.   We need a real quality RB and I just feel he is the one.   The other RBs look good too but just a feeling on him.   

• Upvote 1

I say roll the dice. High risk high reward but still allows us go for two transfers/ grad transfers if Houston is on board too