2020 Recruiting Notes

Max Murrell was going to be a big summer riser after catching glimpses of him with Factory Hoops back in April. His rapid ascension has exceeded what I expected it to and it's my belief that we need to be discussing him as a legitimate candidate for four-star status when we update our rankings after the summer.

After seeing his recruitment heat up during June's evaluation period, Murrell's versatile inside/out game, quick twitch athleticism and above average instincts has turned into a lot of high level scholarship offers. CreightonIowaKansas StateMinnesotaTCU and Virginia Tech have all come through with scholarships in the last month and could each be found watching on Saturday. I'd not be surprised if he doubled his high end offers in the next week and he definitely had the crowd buzzing. 

"Max Murrell needs to be right around top 100. He's gonna be a MAJOR problem in two years," an assistant coach whose evaluations I've trusted for years texted and I have to concur.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/uaa-finals-saturday-what-we-learned

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Possibly, but it's not a guarantee

With the transfer portal every single team has at least one player that will transfer. What if Thor graduates after three years like expected and wants to go play professional basketball in Iceland or what if Akol arop realizes he is way behind everybody else. Also hoiberg has offered 8 2020 recruits that have yet to commit to a school(Lane, Dainja, Branson, Thompson, Kasubke, Garcia, Bradford, and Carlson). I am just saying if he is going to recruit players he might as well recruit an instate prospect loaded with potential such as Max Murrell

4 hours ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

With the transfer portal every single team has at least one player that will transfer. What if Thor graduates after three years like expected and wants to go play professional basketball in Iceland or what if Akol arop realizes he is way behind everybody else. Also hoiberg has offered 8 2020 recruits that have yet to commit to a school(Lane, Dainja, Branson, Thompson, Kasubke, Garcia, Bradford, and Carlson). I am just saying if he is going to recruit players he might as well recruit an instate prospect loaded with potential such as Max Murrell

I hate to burst your bubble but the majority were offered prior to Davis re-committing to NE and Walker transferring, which filled our class thru 2020.   Yes, something could happen and a scholarship could open up, but like I said before its not a guaranteed scholarship right now.  We have no idea whether our staff talked to him or not.

• Mavric changed the title to 2020 Recruiting Notes
  • Mavric unpinned this topic