Trumping up a war?

Just now, commando said:

like japan did to the US?

You mean...one of the worst surprise attacks ever from a country that has a military code to not attack soft targets and therefor did way less damage than they had hoped?

But yes. that was their goal, well, they also said something along the lines of "The Americans will not have the stomach to fight"...of course, right after the failed attack their admiral (I think), who had studied at Stanford said something like "This was a failure, I have seen what the country can do and we failed" 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You mean...one of the worst surprise attacks ever from a country that has a military code to not attack soft targets and therefor did way less damage than they had hoped?

But yes. that was their goal, well, they also said something along the lines of "The Americans will not have the stomach to fight"...of course, right after the failed attack their admiral (I think), who had studied at Stanford said something like "This was a failure, I have seen what the country can do and we failed" 

thanks for making my point for me. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well...I did it better than you, so I thought I would help :)

But what you are saying is that what we just did is going to escalate into essentially what WWII was.

no...you seem to be the only 1 saying that.   my point is that these  things don't always go the way you think they will

2 minutes ago, commando said:

no...you seem to be the only 1 saying that.   my point is that these  things don't always go the way you think they will

Agree with that!

I am all for us leaving that area alone and letting them just fight and kill each other like they have for 6,000 years.  They don't want help from us and we don't need to be there.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well...I did it better than you, so I thought I would help :)

But what you are saying is that what we just did is going to escalate into essentially what WWII was.

I might've missed part of the convo and don't wanna go back and read it.

But comparing it to Pearl Harbor doesn't mean someone thinks it'll be like WWII. It might just meant they think it could backfire. Although in this case the attacking country is huge and powerful.

Also, Pearl Harbor didn't start WWII.

24 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I might've missed part of the convo and don't wanna go back and read it.

But comparing it to Pearl Harbor doesn't mean someone thinks it'll be like WWII. It might just meant they think it could backfire. Although in this case the attacking country is huge and powerful.

Also, Pearl Harbor didn't start WWII.

I know and I know and I agree.