The Trump Economy

• 2 weeks later...

Read this last night. It seems like the mythical Trump economy is slowing down. Looks like those of us who just recently began building our portfolios are going to have to wait a while for them to start looking good.

I guess it makes sense. The juice from the tax cuts is probably starting to run out, and I can't see them adding more fuel via more cuts with a divided Congress coming soon. From what I've heard the overall economic indicators remain pretty strong due to the regulatory policies of this administration, but this piece lists substantial evidence a downturn is coming as well, ranging from the trade wars to falling energy prices to corporate growth & the jobs market peaking to the global economic cycle. 

That second piece suggests once we start seeing unemployment starting rising again we should brace for the oncoming recession.

It's interesting how they can "hold out" by taking subsidies and such because it's for the greater good and it needed to happen, but ask them about universal healthcare or welfare and it's a terrible thing where people should get a job and support themselves.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's interesting how they can "hold out" by taking subsidies and such because it's for the greater good and it needed to happen, but ask them about universal healthcare or welfare and it's a terrible thing where people should get a job and support themselves.

It's weird how that works.  When YOU need it, it's justified.  When you don't and/or someone else does, they are taking advantage of the government.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's weird how that works.  When YOU need it, it's justified.  When you don't and/or someone else does, they are taking advantage of the government.

Nooooo! I thought they really needed that brand new truck every year, or that Escalade with the work truck plates on it. You're telling me they don't take that into the field?

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm sure most of these farmers are in the process of mailing back their government checks Trump paid them because of his idiotic trade wars.

That report is on the editor's desk as we speak....I'm sure.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sure most of these farmers are in the process of mailing back their government checks Trump paid them because of his idiotic trade wars.

That report is on the editor's desk as we speak....I'm sure.

I mean, in all seriousness if the government is going to screw them like that we had better do what we can to compensate them. I just hate the hypocrisy of it though.

• Plus1 1