Post-Practice Presser - August 22

Mavric

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I really hope we give M. Jones some looks this year. I still think he is the most underrated recruit we got in 18' class 

I am sure Jones will get some PT, but you shouldn't think of him as part of the I-back rotation.  Jones is playing the Duck-R position, and will rotate with Lindsey and Spielman.  So, Jones' PT really depends on how much the Duck-R is utilized in formations.

• Plus1 1

I really hope we give M. Jones some looks this year. I still think he is the most underrated recruit we got in 18' class 

I think his issue is that he was hurt and we don't know for how long, so that might've put him a tish behind. Then Washington came, so that might've taken a few snaps.

I think that he is going to be one of those guys that plays 4 games and it's a really tough decision for the Coaches to decide if he should keep playing or redshirt.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am sure Jones will get some PT, but you shouldn't think of him as part of the I-back rotation.  Jones is playing the Duck-R position, and will rotate with Lindsey and Spielman.  So, Jones' PT really depends on how much the Duck-R is utilized in formations.

Speilman will be on the field almost every play as a wide receiver.  He may have a few plays out of that position but mostly as a pure receiver.

3 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Speilman will be on the field almost every play as a wide receiver.  He may have a few plays out of that position but mostly as a pure receiver.

Yes, Spielman will be primarily a receiver, but he will see time at the Duck-R position.  Thus, he will be in the rotation of the Duck-R position.  I am sure Lindsey will also see time as a slot receiver, as well.

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If Tre can't stay healthy Jones is our 3rd best option at RB. Also versatile and can return kicks and catch the rock 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If Tre can't stay healthy Jones is our 3rd best option at RB. Also versatile and can return kicks and catch the rock 

How are you coming to the conclusion he is our number 3 option, he hasn’t even been mentioned by anyone at that position.  

• Plus1 1

From by all comments from the coaches the top 3 RB's right now are (in no particular order):  Ozigbo, Bell, and Washington.  Jones has been hampered by injuries in camp, and I think the coaches have him earmarked for the Duck-R position.

• Plus1 2