Cornhuskers make the Top 20! Forbes: College Football's Most Valuable Teams

cheekygeek

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

None of the years they used to calculate the average include the full Big Ten TV $, so I think we're doing pretty well.

This. We'll be shooting up the list once we start getting the B1G money calculated in there. 

Also interesting to see Texass slipping. Having a fickle fanbase and a sub-mediocre product would do that, Bevo TV or not. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It depends. Does that list include the teams you will be competing against? Because money buys things.

I just mean, TAMU makes all that money and were no closer to winning anything of significance than Nebraska was.

And what more can be bought to help the team that we don't already have?  The facilities we have are as good or better than anyone on that list and it doesn't attract higher rated talent anymore than it did 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong.  Having it is better than not.  I just don't know how it's really made a difference overall.  Other than not having to beg for buyout dollars from boosters to fire some coaches?

22 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I just mean, TAMU makes all that money and were no closer to winning anything of significance than Nebraska was.

And what more can be bought to help the team that we don't already have?  The facilities we have are as good or better than anyone on that list and it doesn't attract higher rated talent anymore than it did 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong.  Having it is better than not.  I just don't know how it's really made a difference overall.  Other than not having to beg for buyout dollars from boosters to fire some coaches?

If they have that much money why not buy out Nick Saban and pay him another $100 million. 

Instead of settling for Jimbo.Go big or go home.

31 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

You're right about the practical part. Money gets you into the big leagues, but more money hardly guarantees championships.

It's not a big thing, but I do think some legitimate pride is involved. Nebraska Football has created a nationally entertaining product that is worth more than our modest population might suggest.