Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Thanks for confirming what I said.

Pretty sure he is one of the guys Frost is referring to who wasn't "buying in".  So my thought is you're wrong.

My thought is he’s shown he’s bought in and got kidney failure for his troubles. Now they’re 0-4, soon to be 0-5, people are deciding to scapegoat and he’s leaving. 

My thought also is depth is a hell of an issue. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, LaunchCode said:

All fans would like to think recruits from all over the country choose their school, team, and state because it's so special.

The fact is players choose teams in large part because of the coach and how they fit in that coaches system.  

I know that players choose a school mainly for a head or assistant coach. However, the 2017 class will give little to no return for the Nebraska program. This is the class that Riley supporters pointed to as the class that was going to lead NU into to the future.  

1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

My thought is he’s shown he’s bought in and got kidney failure for his troubles. Now they’re 0-4, soon to be 0-5, people are deciding to scapegoat and he’s leaving. 

It's obvious that's your thought.  You have nothing to support that thought other than constantly trying to talk up Riley and talk down Frost.  But you're welcome to it.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know that players choose a school mainly for a head or assistant coach. However, the 2017 class will give little to no return for the Nebraska program. This is the class that Riley supporters pointed to as the class that was going to lead NU into to the future.  

I'm assuming when those people said that they weren't counting on a coaching change?

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's obvious that's your thought.  You have nothing to support that thought other than constantly trying to talk up Riley and talk down Frost.  But you're welcome to it.

I don’t remember bringing up Riley once in the thread of him being not fit for being here this year 

Frost is 0-4, soon to be 0-5 and soon to have a worse record than the aforementioned coach and you’re correct

in me questioning things he’s done on the road to this stellar season. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Well, in fairness (on paper) there was some pretty awesome talent in that class. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, but people were also saying that Frost would be inheriting a roster with good, young talent, based on the 2017 class. That class is vanishing before doing much of anything at NU. 

That is the way recruiting goes sometimes.  In all honesty, Tyjon never really did anything notable or made anyone say "wow" (in a great or exceptional way).  I hate to see anyone leave the team, but usually when it happens it is for the best--for both the player and the team.

8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Well, in fairness (on paper) there was some pretty awesome talent in that class. 

Was it? It was only rank around 22 i think by most sites and a lot of the guys that every one was excited about getting went elsewhere. A top 25 school is ok i guess but i think that last coaching staff gets way to much credit for just getting guys to visit.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, I don’t know how awesome that talent really is. It will be interesting to see if many of them do anything at their next schools. 

Meh, I really don't care what they do at their next school.  If they flop there or succeed, doesn't really matter.

This is why I, for the most part, really don't follow recruiting or care about "class ranking."  Winning in recruiting in February is nice, but it means nothing if the Ws don't follow in the fall.  I guess what I am saying is: We only really know how good a class is 1-3 years afterward.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

Was it? It was only rank around 22 i think by most sites and a lot of the guys that every one was excited about getting went elsewhere. A top 25 school is ok i guess but i think that last coaching staff gets way to much credit for just getting guys to visit.

Great point about the “excitement” which the last staff created by being in final 5’s of a number of recruits.