Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If any of them are stand-outs on their new team, that would be the case.

But I'm not holding my breath for most of them.

When MR left OSU ,Anderson took over and several of the QB's MR had recruited left. 

Del Rio went to Florida and earned the starting job, Kempt transferred to Iowa State where led the team to wins over #3 OU and #9 TCU on the way to a bowl win over #25 Memphis, and last but not least Marcus McMaryion transferred to Fresno State where he beat out the returning starter at QB and led the team to 10 wins.  4 games into this season has a 160 passer rating, 72% completion rate and over a thousand yards passing. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Gebbia and Obrien have similar success in the right system. 

• Plus1 3
Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

Meh, I really don't care what they do at their next school.  If they flop there or succeed, doesn't really matter.

This is why I, for the most part, really don't follow recruiting or care about "class ranking."  Winning in recruiting in February is nice, but it means nothing if the Ws don't follow in the fall.  I guess what I am saying is: We only really know how good a class is 1-3 years afterward.

I don’t follow recruiting much either, but I know it’s the lifeblood of a football program. Frost will be heading into 2019 and 2020 without a huge number of players who would have been upperclassmen on the team.  That is going to have an impact on the results in those years. 

16 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Well the new TheSkers has arrived folks. He will leave once Frost turns this thing around. Dont worry. 

Frost is the coach. He’s going to be the coach for a long time. I’m very cool with that 

Here’s the thing though. You can say “well he clearly wasn’t what frost wanted” but that’s a way easier sell when you aren’t about to be 0-5.

Like if you’re 3-2 and Lindsay wants to bounce, hey!  Go nuts. 

This isnt the situstion. We need depth. We need talent. He’s talented. And he bought in to the point of being hospitalized. What’s changed?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Great point about the “excitement” which the last staff created by being in final 5’s of a number of recruits. 

The last staff didn't do many things well but they were very good at winning the offseason and generating hype. Friday night lights and making top 5s is cool but on signing day they lost A LOT and didnt end up ranked that much better than the average pelini class

• Plus1 1

Just now, MountainMan said:

Frost is the coach. He’s going to be the coach for a long time. I’m very cool with that 

Here’s the thing though. You can say “well he clearly wasn’t what frost wanted” but that’s a way easier sell when you aren’t about to be 0-5.

This isnt the situstion. We need depth. We need talent. He’s talented. And he bought in to the point of being hospitalized. I what’s changed?

What changed was the Lindsey was benched after not playing well in the games, and Lindsey couldn’t deal with it. Frost pointed out that a couple of WR’s responded well in practice this week after seeing that practice matters in who plays in the games. I am guessing that Lindsey wasn’t one of those WR’s who had good practices this week. 

• Plus1 3
51 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, but people were also saying that Frost would be inheriting a roster with good, young talent, based on the 2017 class. That class is vanishing before doing much of anything at NU. 

If I should ever inherit a fortune, I will accept full responsibility for growing and holding onto it.  I certainly won't blame those who left it to me should I squander it away.

1 minute ago, MountainMan said:

This isnt the situstion. We need depth. We need talent. He’s talented. And he bought in to the point of being hospitalized. I what’s changed?

I like that you're standing up for our Husker student athletes. I mean that genuinely.

But what you have in Scott Frost is a guy who went through the Tom Osborne blueprint. A guy who knows that getting the W/L columns straightened out is more than just flashes in the pan or someone who looks good on paper. 

The first thing I thought of - just like you - was that he was one of the two guys hospitalized during the winter workouts. But when I see Frost practically tearing up over this team losing I'm going to go ahead and firmly believe that he knows more than we do about what a kid is putting into this thing in the here and now. Whatever happened 5+ months ago is honestly irrelevant in September when you're right in the thick of the season.

• Plus1 7
3 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

If I should ever inherit a fortune, I will accept full responsibility for growing and holding onto it.  I certainly won't blame those who left it to me should I squander it away.

I’m thinking that Frost inherited a bunch of junk bonds that ended up worthless when the companies went belly up. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

It’s all..part of the plan...

only as as strong as the weakest link. I promise guys who remain will be stronger. 

sucks we’re losing but to get a strong chain, gotta let go of those weak links. 

im all in, personally. this is just a part of getting stronger and better. I thought we’d win 6-8 this year, not gonna happen. But I’m only 41 yrs old. If by the time I’m 45 until I’m dead I’ll look back at these tough few years and be happy that Frost regrew the program, which I think he will. 

Go Big Red 

• Fire 2
38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m thinking that Frost inherited a bunch of junk bonds that ended up worthless when the companies went belly up. 

Ok I laughed.

That said I'm not about to call those players trash.  At eighteen years old they committed to a coach, system, and vision he pitched to them on the recruiting trail of how they would fit in his plans to make N a winner in the coming years.  All that changed the day he was fired and I understand why they might not feel the new system and coaches are a good match.  It's really up to the new coach, assuming he wants them, to win them over and make them see how they'll fit and want to give max effort for him going forwards.

4 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

Ok I laughed.

That said I'm not about to call those players trash.  At eighteen years old they committed to a coach, system, and vision he pitched to them on the recruiting trail of how they would fit in his plans to make N a winner in the coming years.  All that changed the day he was fired and I understand why they might not feel the new system and coaches are a good match.  It's really up to the new coach, assuming he wants them, to win them over and make them see how they'll fit and want to give max effort for him going forwards.

It's likely that had at least some part to do with it.  We'll never know how much.  If Lindsey didn't think he fit in Frost's system, I can't imagine how it will fit any better in any other system.

But three of those top eight guys didn't even make it to Fall Camp under Riley, let alone giving Frost a chance.  So I think there's quite a bit more to it than just a coaching change.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1