Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can't claim to know what Frost and the HC told him he would be doing at Oregon.  Or what Smith and Urb told him at OSU where he originally committed.

I assume that Meyer told him the same thing he tells all the other guys. Prove yourself on special teams and learn how to block or else you won't see the field. Sometimes it takes a while for guys to understand that and sometimes they move on to other programs. 

On a side note, the OSU Lindsey/Grimes commitment video didn't age well. 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

That wasn't really my initial argument. I originally was just correcting you by stating he was put in the hospital after one practice, not after a summer of bulking.

As for your question, over the first few games he doesn't look like he was that out of shape more so he lacked effort. There is a reason he was pulled from the game and, as others and myself have stated, demoted to the freshman locker room.

I agree with you there. 

I just feel as if he signed up for one thing, his role was changed to another, and he is doing what is best for him. 

8 hours ago, MountainMan said:

We don’t need Joe Dailey

We don’t need Harrison Beck

We don’t need Blaine Gabbert

We don’t need Jonas Gray

We don’t need Patrick Witt

We don’t need Chase Rome

We don’t need Cody Green

We don’t need Johnny Stanton

We don’t need Vincent Valentine

We don’t need Patrick o’Brien

We don’t need Tristan Gebbia

We don’t need Tyjon Lindsay. 

We don’t recruit well enough to toss ranked recruits like that away regardless of staff. 

Past being prelude and all

MountainMan might be cm husker. He really might.

I think you're trolling this board but I'll respond one more time just in case you're serious. Once a kid chooses to leave, what we say about him on a message board doesn't actually matter. It doesn't put any "negative energy" out into the universe, it doesn't change the way the program is perceived - it doesn't mean anything.

Assuming just for fun that you're not trolling, here's a point blank question just to get down to it - Do you think Frost kicked him off the team?

Because I don't. We have every indication that each player has been given the guidelines as to what it takes to thrive and get playing time for this program. So if a kid leaves...what conclusion should we rationally draw about the situation?

• Plus1 4

8 hours ago, MountainMan said:

We don’t need Joe Dailey

We don’t need Harrison Beck

We don’t need Blaine Gabbert

We don’t need Jonas Gray

We don’t need Patrick Witt

We don’t need Chase Rome

We don’t need Cody Green

We don’t need Johnny Stanton

We don’t need Vincent Valentine

We don’t need Patrick o’Brien

We don’t need Tristan Gebbia

We don’t need Tyjon Lindsay. 

We don’t recruit well enough to toss ranked recruits like that away regardless of staff. 

Past being prelude and all

What about Tyler Gabbert?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Lindsey hadn't been playing much, and when he  was flagged for holding against Purdue, killing a much-needed third-down conversion, I just had this feeling he was never going to make it on Frost's team.

The replay showed it was a ticky-tack call, but when you saw Tyjon running dejectedly to the sideline.....I guess this news isn't totally unexpected. 

37 minutes ago, Undone said:

MountainMan might be cm husker. He really might.

I think you're trolling this board but I'll respond one more time just in case you're serious. Once a kid chooses to leave, what we say about him on a message board doesn't actually matter. It doesn't put any "negative energy" out into the universe, it doesn't change the way the program is perceived - it doesn't mean anything.

Assuming just for fun that you're not trolling, here's a point blank question just to get down to it - Do you think Frost kicked him off the team?

Because I don't. We have every indication that each player has been given the guidelines as to what it takes to thrive and get playing time for this program. So if a kid leaves...what conclusion should we rationally draw about the situation?

No. I don’t think he was thrown off the team. 

Really I just find it strange that he’s gone because he was appearing to be one of the players who was embracing the new staff. And buying in to the point of hurting himself in the weight room. 

We arent going to ever know but I’d like to know how we got from there to here 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

No. I don’t think he was thrown off the team. 

Really I just find it strange that he’s gone because he was appearing to be one of the players who was embracing the new staff. And buying in to the point of hurting himself in the weight room. 

We arent going to ever know but I’d like to know how we got from there to here 

That's one aspect of "buying in" to the new staff.  There are other factors involved like going to class, being a good teammate, eating meals at the training table, and other items which Frost is enforcing with the team.

You keep on pointing out one aspect of Lindsey "buying in", but there is more to buying in than just working out to the point of hospitalization.

• Plus1 1