Tyjon Lindsey No Longer a Husker

A little surprising since I assumed he was one of the receivers Frost was talking about practicing better this week. Maybe it was guys like Woodyard, Williams, and McQuitty. Either way best of luck to him, hopefully it works out somewhere. I'd be unhappy if a walk-on freshman beat me out too, but it's like the coaches have been saying - are you going to work harder and earn it back or stay down? Lindsey answered it his way, we'll see what the others do.

• Plus1 1

Benning commented today on his radio show that the 2 position groups struggling the most with the transition to the new coaching staff have been the WR's and the DB's.  Those two position groups were coached by very strong personalities under Riley, and the players who tend to play those positions can trend toward the "prima donna" personality.  I am not saying all the players are "prima donnas", but just saying the typical personalities at those positions across football.

• Plus1 2

Just now, Husker in WI said:

A little surprising since I assumed he was one of the receivers Frost was talking about practicing better this week. Maybe it was guys like Woodyard, Williams, and McQuitty. Either way best of luck to him, hopefully it works out somewhere. I'd be unhappy if a walk-on freshman beat me out too, but it's like the coaches have been saying - are you going to work harder and earn it back or stay down? Lindsey answered it his way, we'll see what the others do.

I think the 2 guys that Frost mentioned (not by name) were Woodyard and Williams.  Now, it could very well be McQuitty, but Woodyard and Williams were near the top of the depth chart at the start of the season, and then they were pushed down recently.  It can be a hard transition going from JUCO to D-1 football, in terms of the amount of work that is required to play and succeed.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Benning commented today on his radio show that the 2 position groups struggling the most with the transition to the new coaching staff have been the WR's and the DB's.  Those two position groups were coached by very strong personalities under Riley, and the players who tend to play those positions can trend toward the "prima donna" personality.  I am not saying all the players are "prima donnas", but just saying the typical personalities at those positions across football.

Bring back @wideouts!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe I am on my own here. But anyone not recruited by Frost I kinda like seeing them leave. I figure it as they are tainted by Riley culture and we can now open up a recruiting slot to fill with someone who has the talent and attitude to succeed in Frost's system. 

The guys that are leaving dont want to be here. To be honest I have not seen anything out of Tyjon on the field in the last 2 years that makes me sad he is gone. Wish the kid well and all- but I dont really care he left.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe I am on my own here. But anyone not recruited by Frost I kinda like seeing them leave. I figure it as they are tainted by Riley culture and we can now open up a recruiting slot to fill with someone who has the talent and attitude to succeed in Frost's system. 

The guys that are leaving dont want to be here. To be honest I have not seen anything out of Tyjon on the field in the last 2 years that makes me sad he is gone. Wish the kid well and all- but I dont really care he left.

I don't think you;re on your own.  Me personally, I don't "like" to see them leave.  I'd like to see them stay and perform to the best of their abilities.  But once they leave, I'm kind of indifferent to them.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

This definitely has to be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Guys like Mo Barry aren't having a problem.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think you;re on your own.  Me personally, I don't "like" to see them leave.  I'd like to see them stay and perform to the best of their abilities.  But once they leave, I'm kind of indifferent to them.

I am with you.  I would like all the players to stick around, put in the work, and try to make a contribution to the team.  But, if they are being a divisive force in the locker room and not being a good teammate, then it's best if they leave.  Once they leave, I am also indifferent toward them.

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I’m not worried about any departures. We’re 0-4, losing last 8 (I believe) so generally the current players aren’t getting it done. Anyone playing hard and contributing won’t be leaving.  Until we start winning, roster churn is a good thing.

12 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

That's not a great line of thinking to have, Bob. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That's not a great line of thinking to have, Bob. 

Right. Much better to say "Anyone not recruited by Frost, I'd love to see them fully commit to a higher standard of work ethic and practice intensity to become better football players."

I'm kind of losing interest in talking about Riley and his "methods" at this point but this to me seems like another piece of evidence for what a lot people were saying at the tail end of last year - Riley's practices just weren't that focused & intense. The icing on that cake was when Charlie McBride went on that podcast after Riley's firing and basically went on a stream-of-consciousness information dump confirming this from all of the different sources that had told him the same thing.

Is it hard to see why the product on the field went downhill so fast?

• Plus1 1