Well hello there Justice Kavanaugh

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think I've ever seen so many Trump supporters show up on a Huskerboard thread. 

What's the deal?

Oh. Right. 

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Just Dewiz's semiannual troll of P&R. No surprise.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

They'll all leave when the next bad headline for Trump comes out, just like they did for the past year or so.

They're here to crow about Kavanaugh. No way they're sticking around to answer tough questions about Trump.

Hey look everyone.....the mob made its way in here

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah...why spoil thread after thread of beta males whining about Trump and THE PATRIARCHY with actual discussion and different points of view?

If you're making a case for alpha males, actual discussion, and different points of view, it's been some pretty weak sauce old chum. 

• Plus1 1

Those are both stupid.  Cleary the tweet is a "joke" but now it is going to cost that girl her job and it is stupid because we have all done the old bit where we say something horrible we want to do or to happen and of course we don't mean it.

Now that dude in Florida...he sounds like he might have actually wanted to kill some people.

I don't know if this will ease any tension or not but Kav has hired a fully female law clerk team. 

http://theweek.com/speedreads/800702/brett-kavanaugh-just-hired-supreme-courts-first-allwomen-law-clerk-team

The newly confirmed Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has already fulfilled one of his promises.

After weeks of contentious hearings, the Senate voted to confirm the polarizing nominee Saturday evening. And Kavanaugh was already on the job Sunday morning with the court's first-ever all-women team of law clerks by his side, The New York Times reports.

Even before sexual assault allegations rocked his confirmation process, concerns swirled around Kavanaugh's stance on women's right. Specifically, Democratic senators feared he would provide the court with a conservative majority that could facilitate the rolling back of Roe v. Wade. Kavanaugh tried to counter those concerns at his first round of confirmation hearings, touting how "no federal judge ... has sent more women law clerks to clerk on the Supreme Court than I have." He also said he had four female law clerks ready to work for him "on a moment's notice," which would make him "the first justice in the history of the Supreme Court to have a group of all-women law clerks."

Just now, teachercd said:

Those are both stupid.  Cleary the tweet is a "joke" but now it is going to cost that girl her job and it is stupid because we have all done the old bit where we say something horrible we want to do or to happen and of course we don't mean it.

Now that dude in Florida...he sounds like he might have actually wanted to kill some people.

But most of us are smart enough to not do it on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you're making a case for alpha males, actual discussion, and different points of view, it's been some pretty weak sauce old chum. 

On this board? I agree. The vast majority of those who post here do so in lockstep. If anyone disagrees, they pile on and try to get them banned. It may as well be a freshmen orientation chat board at Vassar.

• Plus1 1

Anyone who has uttered the words "cuck" or "beta" or "snowflake" to complain about non Republicans not being manly enough has trouble thinking for themselves.

It's also crazy to think that not liking Trump or his policies makes a man unmanly. Trump is a draft dodger who's never done physical labor in his life.

• Plus1 7

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

But most of us are smart enough to not do it on Twitter.

No kidding...not with your real name and picture.  Bad move by her.  I hope she doesn't lose her job but she probably will.  Just once I would like to see the administration call her in and go.."Seriously, you are a f#&%ing moron...but I don't want to fire you...so just don't be a stupid moron again, ok?"

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

No kidding...not with your real name and picture.  Bad move by her.  I hope she doesn't lose her job but she probably will.  Just once I would like to see the administration call her in and go.."Seriously, you are a f#&%ing moron...but I don't want to fire you...so just don't be a stupid moron again, ok?"

It could be argued that she deserves to lose her job because she's stupid enough to do what she did and they don't want to employ stupid people.

Just now, Moiraine said:

It could be argued that she deserves to lose her job because she's stupid enough to do what she did and they don't want to employ stupid people.

Agreed. In this climate, any hint of violence should be avoided. There are too many crazies out there.

19 hours ago, Dewiz said:

No sh*t

Dealing with false accusations with no collaboration and evidence to support such claims, death threats to him AND his family and his reputation and character being shoved down in the mud and people wonder why he acted the way he did. Hell if I was in his shoes I would’ve done the same thing. 

You do understand that just because there was no corroboration or evidence, it doesn't make it a false accusation.  It just means it can't be proven based on lack of evidence

• Plus1 2