How the $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy Affects Nebraska and Minnesota

Is there a game between any two B1G teams that doesn’t have a trophy associated with it? Maybe it just seems like most of them do since some of them seem so stupid. And most of the newer ones anyway are just butt ugly designs. Like ours with Iowa.....a big pyramid of plain wood. The chair surely satirizes them but I still like it better than many of the official ones.

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

It would be weird if the trophy that's meant to satirize the silly Big Ten trophies was officially recognized right alongside them.

Whoa...it wasn't meant to satirize *ALL* Big Ten trophy games. The ones that are contrived (e.g. Nebraska/Iowa, Nebraska/Wisky), hell yes. 

But some of them have been around for a while. And while this trophy is a satire, it's also a legit trophy in its own right, which is rather meta. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Whoa...it wasn't meant to satirize *ALL* Big Ten trophy games. The ones that are contrived (e.g. Nebraska/Iowa, Nebraska/Wisky), hell yes. 

But some of them have been around for a while. And while this trophy is a satire, it's also a legit trophy in its own right, which is rather meta. 

Yep. The chair trophy is like the original trophies and came about organically. It’s not making fun of those at all.

• Plus1 2

On 10/22/2018 at 10:26 AM, Mike Mcdee said:

The grass roots movement to resurrect that trophy was walking through the tailgates for the 2016 game. They were asking for donations since that is what the original idea for it was. My donation earned me a cool little replica. 

bits of broken chair.jpg

I want to figure out if they sell those online... I REALLY WANT ONE!

On 10/20/2018 at 9:40 PM, Mavric said:

That looks to be the original?

Not the one the chair-ity group has been bringing around, correct?

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I told you, I'm sixteen hundred years old.

Who taught you how to internet? It took my mom 20 years to learn and she’s not even 80 yet. Also she asked me how to turn off her iphone yesterday because she was on hold and didn’t know how to hang up.

Long story short I bet you’re lying.

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Who taught you how to internet? It took my mom 20 years to learn and she’s not even 80 yet. Also she asked me how to turn off her iphone yesterday because she was on hold and didn’t know how to hang up.

Long story short I bet you’re lying.

@The Dude is rich, he has his personal assistant handle reading and typing.