1,000 Yard Rusher Watch

1,000 YARD RUSHER  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will go over 1,000 yards rushing this year?

• Devine Ozigbo
    • Adrian Martinez
    • Both pass 1,000 yards
    • Neither passes 1,000 yards

This poll is closed to new votes

My old college coach always said, “you’re either helping us win games or you’re not.”

that might mean making a tackle behind the 20 on a kickoff. Or reaching your hand up to bat the ball down on a 3rd and long pass. Or being really hype and having a great attitude on the bench. Or practicing really hard against the starters so they can have a good look, even tho you won’t play. So, as I see it, Bell didn’t help us win games. 

Anyway, the 7.1 ypc is unreal. Harkens back to the Rozier, Brown, Rathman, LP, and Green, days of yore. Frost might not “run” what we were always used to but he does f’ing run it. And they run it well. 

Great job and congrats Devine 

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This is the first time I've ever thought to myself "I wonder if we would have won all of those games if he had stayed."

I know Ozigbo got the starting spot and then he left, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have still been in the rotation, and maybe Ozigbo wouldn't have had his long runs.

I’m not suggesting that Bell would have done anything more this year.  But I wondered if he would have given it this season.  Maybe even redshirt.  He might have seen the offense progress in the manner it did for Ozigbo and he would have had a better 2nd year here.

14 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I’m not suggesting that Bell would have done anything more this year.  But I wondered if he would have given it this season.  Maybe even redshirt.  He might have seen the offense progress in the manner it did for Ozigbo and he would have had a better 2nd year here.

I think he bailed too soon for no reason.