1,000 Yard Rusher Watch

1,000 YARD RUSHER  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will go over 1,000 yards rushing this year?

• Devine Ozigbo
    • Adrian Martinez
    • Both pass 1,000 yards
    • Neither passes 1,000 yards

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

You can use the run game to open up the passing game or vice versa but when your offensive line blows nasty green chunks it's kinda hard to get anything done.

Yes, an offensive line is important, but it’s a lot harder to run the ball with the RB when your QB is not a threat at all the run.  A lot of people thought that the run game would be fine last year with a good passing game. No matter how good that passing game is, playing 10 on 11 makes it hard to run the ball.  Only the best o-lines in the country can do that consistently.  

7 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

A lot harder? Teams have been doing it for decades.

Neither the run game nor the passing game was fine last year and it was due to the exact same reason.

It’s a different game the past 10-15 years. The reason more teams choose spread offenses with mobile QB’s is because it’s easier to run the ball out of those offenses. It’s a lot more difficult to sit back there with a statue QB, and try to run the ball at a defense who doesn’t have to worry about a non-running threat at QB.  I don’t have a problem with a statue QB, if he’s gonna stand back there and throw all day, but stop saying that it opens up the run game. It just doesn’t. 

Congrats to Devine Ozigbo on reaching this milestone!

I think it is pretty obvious to the eye that Devine is faster this year and I wonder if he (or anybody) has said anything tangible about this. 

Do we keep 40 times under wraps for competitive reasons? Has he (or anybody else) given credit to Duval's conditioning program for increasing his speed, for example?

12 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I wonder if Greg Bell is having any remorse about leaving so early into his career

This is the first time I've ever thought to myself "I wonder if we would have won all of those games if he had stayed."

I know Ozigbo got the starting spot and then he left, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have still been in the rotation, and maybe Ozigbo wouldn't have had his long runs.