Toilet Bowl Cleaner - 50% off on Black Friday

Moiraine

At this point in time I consider our bowl game to be against a known opponent. The Hawkeyes !  I would love to have a true bowl game for practice and recruiting momentum. Who cares if it is a low tier bowl. If the cards play out it could still happen I believe. Don't know all the facts, but I think it is partially based on academics. We had a similar situation with coach Riley. Beating Iowa at the end of the season regardless of what  happens would be huge!

14 minutes ago, Norhusker said:

At this point in time I consider our bowl game to be against a known opponent. The Hawkeyes !  I would love to have a true bowl game for practice and recruiting momentum. Who cares if it is a low tier bowl. If the cards play out it could still happen I believe. Don't know all the facts, but I think it is partially based on academics. We had a similar situation with coach Riley. Beating Iowa at the end of the season regardless of what  happens would be huge!

I'm keeping track of the teams ahead of us in APR (the academics). It's highly, highly unlikely there will be a spot for us if we're 5-7 but I'm going to keep up with it anyway. Last year there were 81 eligible teams and 78 spots, so I don't think any 5 win teams made it.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm keeping track of the teams ahead of us in APR (the academics). It's highly, highly unlikely there will be a spot for us if we're 5-7 but I'm going to keep up with it anyway. Last year there were 81 eligible teams and 78 spots, so I don't think any 5 win teams made it.

In  2015 three 5-7 teams got bowl invites. (40 bowls)  All won their game.

In 2016 one 5-7 team got a bowl invite. (I think still 40 bowls)

In 2017 no 5-7 teams got a bowl invite. (39 bowls)

• Plus1 2
On 10/25/2018 at 10:36 AM, cheekygeek said:

That's RATIONAL talk. It has no place on HuskerBoard. :D

Sadly, we still have too many people who actually believe in "jinxing" and other forms of superstition (even in the sports world among players themselves). I'm not one of them, but I know there are plenty of them out there.

So you are denying that the Huskers are down because of the Solich curse?

• Fire 1

As of Oct. 27 there are 92 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

37 of the 92 are bowl eligible now.

25 are 1 win away.

If we consider 5 win teams ahead of us in APR as bowl eligible:
42 of the 92 are bowl eligible now.
24 are 1 win away.

The teams that are 2 wins away are .500 or worse and need to go .500 or better in their last 3-4 games to get into a bowl game.

• Plus1 2

Realistically I see a win vs Illinois and I think we beat either MSU or Iowa, is both a possibility? At this point and the trajectory of this team? Yes it is, but I also know we should have beaten Northwestern. I think 2 more wins is likely to happen for this team. 4-8 after the season we had would be actually a good year, heck we were 4-8 last year with a coach who had already been here for several years and had been a head coach for about 3 decades. 

If we somehow get to 5 wins, making us 5-7? Bowl game or not that would be considered an amazing year after the start we had.

• Plus1 1