Toilet Bowl Cleaner - 50% off on Black Friday

Moiraine

Unless we can pull a rabbit out of the husker hat and win against a VERY ANGRY OHIO STATE AT HOME, I would put this topic to rest and not mention it until we are 5-6 and getting ready to play Iowa for bowl eligibility at IOWA. I am happy if we can pull a few more wins and be competitive in the others. I would call this progress and wait for year two of Frost ball.

2 hours ago, HuskerMoon said:

Yes, 5 and 7 would be a measurable gain any way you slice it.

Especially since it really seemed that there was at least some element of a cheap shot on Martinez that originally injured him. If that play never happens, maybe we hold on against Colorado (and maybe we don't), but we definitely beat Troy.

We should be 4-4 right now. I'm not going to sit here and say that we should have beat Purdue, but we were one first down and quarterback injury away from winning 2/3 against Colorado, Troy, and Northwestern.

2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Unless we can pull a rabbit out of the husker hat and win against a VERY ANGRY OHIO STATE AT HOME, I would put this topic to rest and not mention it until we are 5-6 and getting ready to play Iowa for bowl eligibility at IOWA.

No thanks. I’ll update it every week and put it to rest when we lose our 8th game or there are 78 eligible teams ahead of us. It’s not hurting anyone. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:42 PM, Undone said:

Especially since it really seemed that there was at least some element of a cheap shot on Martinez that originally injured him. If that play never happens, maybe we hold on against Colorado (and maybe we don't), but we definitely beat Troy.

We should be 4-4 right now. I'm not going to sit here and say that we should have beat Purdue, but we were one first down and quarterback injury away from winning 2/3 against Colorado, Troy, and Northwestern.

But we're not. We didn't lose on a fluke. We lost on mistakes, penalties, and most notably really bad line play to six football teams. Purdue also happened to beat us handily. Therefore we might have had opportunities to win, but squandered them. Martinez was hurt, cheap shot of not. Our Quarterback room wasn't good enough of deep enough to win.  We are 2 and 6 . I feel very little sentiment for moral victories. If Nebraska reaches six (6) wins, then they deserve a bowl. 

1 minute ago, broganreynik said:

I think had Vedral been eligible we would have won Colorado and Troy. Having someone with experience in the offense in those games, when they ended so close,  could have put us over the hump.

Thanks NCAA.

It wasn't the NCAA's fault, it was UCF's.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
43 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It wasn't the NCAA's fault, it was UCF's.

We appealed to the NCAA in the off-season for the waiver and it wasn’t approved until Northwestern. Vedral was released from his UCF scholarship in May and was put on scholarship here before the season.

The NCAA made the ruling on the waiver before our sixth game.

How was that UCF’s fault?

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

We appealed to the NCAA in the off-season for the waiver and it wasn’t approved until Northwestern. Vedral was released from his UCF scholarship in May and was put on scholarship here before the season.

The NCAA made the ruling on the waiver before our sixth game.

How was that UCF’s fault?

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/delay-in-qb-noah-vedral-s-eligibility-can-be-traced/article_71324f9b-edc1-553b-bd8f-befa25b46b4b.html

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

After the sacrifice this coaching staff made by staying for the bowl game and working insane hours, you would think ucf would have been more cooperative in a situation like this.  Not like he would change his mind.  

Thanks for posting that article... I missed it.

29 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

After the sacrifice this coaching staff made by staying for the bowl game and working insane hours, you would think ucf would have been more cooperative in a situation like this.  Not like he would change his mind.  

Thanks for posting that article... I missed it.

Without the bowl win UCF wouldn't be able to claim their NC and make noise about being part of the CFP this year.  I would be fine if they are excluded. 

• Plus1 1

As of Nov. 3 there are 97 teams that need between 0 and 2 more wins to be bowl eligible or get to 5 wins and are ahead of us in APR.

48 of the 97 are bowl eligible now.

29 are 1 win away.

If we consider 5 win teams ahead of us in APR as bowl eligible:
52 of the 97 are bowl eligible now.
29 are 1 win away.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1