Interesting nugget in a story RE: McKenzie Milton

Cdog923

16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Agree. We don't owe UCF a gd thing. I was pulling for them last year but couldn't give two sh#ts what they do now.

They are still an underdog against the Power 5, having proven they could beat one of the SEC's best in the postseason. The coach leaves and they're still unbeaten.

UCF is still a good story. We don't "owe" them anything, but it's a bit catty to root against them. 

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

Easy to have a better attitude when you're the starter who's getting to play. Not much to sacrifice there.

According to that me first logic a team should only have about 22 players with a good attitude. What ever happened to hard work and facing reality? I prefer a team that has players that can recognize the guy above them is performing better and then they put forth the effort to win the spot back or accept that they're 2nd best. Seems like you're okay with the system that says I'm not 1st string so I'm gonna quit and go somewhere it's easier.

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

They are still an underdog against the Power 5, having proven they could beat one of the SEC's best in the postseason. The coach leaves and they're still unbeaten.

UCF is still a good story. We don't "owe" them anything, but it's a bit catty to root against them. 

I'm not pulling for them or rooting against them. The only reason I cared last year was because our future coach was there. I find it odd that any Husker fans care if they do well but I can understand a little animosity and desire for them to fail because of the Vedral thing and the fact many in their fan base can't accept the fruits of their unimpressive schedule. Yeah they beat Auburn but they wouldn't be lookin' so pretty after a season long romp through the B1G or SEC. Good for them that they've done as well as they have but I just don't care.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Meow.

I sure as hell am going to root against them, catty or not.... in the same way i root against our division rivals and UTerus.  I've said it before, they are like KU fan the year they won the Orange Bowl.  I loved when they got destroyed a few times after that.  They don't know how to handle this level of success.

59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

According to that me first logic a team should only have about 22 players with a good attitude. What ever happened to hard work and facing reality? I prefer a team that has players that can recognize the guy above them is performing better and then they put forth the effort to win the spot back or accept that they're 2nd best. Seems like you're okay with the system that says I'm not 1st string so I'm gonna quit and go somewhere it's easier.

A few things:

#1 - the quarterback position is way different than most all other positions. 

#2 - what ever happened to facing reality? i mean, Tristan Gebbia faced the reality that he might not get any meaningful playing time his entire football career, and he chose to do something about it and maximize his chances of being able to play football. I mean, if you knew there was virtually no chance of you ever getting promoted at your job as long as this one other guy was there, and there were tons of other companies who could offer you advancement opportunities, are you a poor sport to go work for another company? 

If Tristan has potential to play at the next level, he should go where he can maximize that potential and his chances. If he doesn't, and all he has is four years for the rest of his life to have fun playing the sport he loves, then he should go where he gets the best chance to play as much of the sport he loves as possible.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

A few things:

#1 - the quarterback position is way different than most all other positions. 

#2 - what ever happened to facing reality? i mean, Tristan Gebbia faced the reality that he might not get any meaningful playing time his entire football career, and he chose to do something about it and maximize his chances of being able to play football. I mean, if you knew there was virtually no chance of you ever getting promoted at your job as long as this one other guy was there, and there were tons of other companies who could offer you advancement opportunities, are you a poor sport to go work for another company? 

If Tristan has potential to play at the next level, he should go where he can maximize that potential and his chances. If he doesn't, and all he has is four years for the rest of his life to have fun playing the sport he loves, then he should go where he gets the best chance to play as much of the sport he loves as possible.

Brook Berringer says hello.:P

Look, I can see why he left, faced with the prospect of forever (barring injury) being behind Martinez, but it is still a me first team second attitude. Maybe he did face reality and maybe it was inevitable. Yes, QB is a bit different than some other positions and much tougher to manage the backup position for the reasons you stated. I’m still gonna bitch and moan a little though because I’m old and liked the days when we could have a reliable backup. And with the timing of the way he left and where he went, yeah, I’ll hold it against him even if it may have been in his best interest.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

yeah, I’ll hold it against him even if it may have been in his best interest.

As long as you're honest that you don't like him because of your bias towards your fav sports team and not because you think it was wrong or a sign of poor character, i've got no problem with that :lol: 

Don't get me wrong - Brook Berringer is awesome, and you always have to root for and appreciate the hell out of the guys that choose to devote themselves to a team/cause when it really costs them something. But that doesn't mean that everyone else who makes decisions that are best for their own lives are bad people.

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

As long as you're honest that you don't like him because of your bias towards your fav sports team and not because you think it was wrong or a sign of poor character, i've got no problem with that :lol: 

Don't get me wrong - Brook Berringer is awesome, and you always have to root for and appreciate the hell out of the guys that choose to devote themselves to a team/cause when it really costs them something. But that doesn't mean that everyone else who makes decisions that are best for their own lives are bad people.

Nah, I get it but I do think there was a bit of poor character involved. It obviously took Frost by surprise and considering Frost seems to do a pretty good job of letting his players know where they stand, I felt it was pretty sh#tty of him to steal as many reps as he did, apparently not reciprocate the honesty he had been afforded and then bolt at the last minute. I understand leaving but I don’t like the way it played out.

19 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm hoping UCF loses tomorrow; they were a great story last year, with local interest, but they've lived long enough to see themselves become the villain. 

What, exactly, have they done to be the villain except participate in one of the few conferences in all of known football that can not play their way to a championship.

2 hours ago, brophog said:

What, exactly, have they done to be the villain except participate in one of the few conferences in all of known football that can not play their way to a championship.

Being a bunch of massive knobs about it, for starters. Their usefulness is limited to "annoying Alabama fans" at this point. 

There is an outside chance that all their grousing does some good in getting the playoff expanded, but I doubt it happens solely because of their shenanigans, and I doubt it happens anytime soon.