Michigan State Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

It was a chippy game. Seemed both teams were caught up in that in the first half. I kept thinking we just need to walk away and play, but to play with passion btwn the whistles. 

Just watched frost interview, at the very end maybe 9:15 mark he was finally asked about the chippy play. He said we gotta be smart but I want my guys to play with MORE EMOTION. I just love it, for so many reasons...we are golden knight bugeating Cornhuskers again soon 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, I am I said:

It was a chippy game. Seemed both teams were caught up in that in the first half. I kept thinking we just need to walk away and play, but to play with passion btwn the whistles. 

Just watched frost interview, at the very end maybe 9:15 mark he was finally asked about the chippy play. He said we gotta be smart but I want my guys to play with MORE EMOTION. I just love it, for so many reasons...we are golden knight bugeating Cornhuskers again soon 

I loved it. You don’t come into our house with a bigger attitude than us. 

One thing I hope Frost can improve on is the game plan in inclement weather.  He noted in the presser (7:08) we were limited in the call sheet especially going against the wind in the 1st and 3rd.  Had to just "grind" it out.    At 3:50 he also mentions realizing in warm ups and after the first drive that he'd have to flip the script in our game plan.  Mich St was giving up 270 through the air.  Thought we'd be able to pass.  Their run D was giving up like 70/game.  Thoughts that he might try and develop a game plan or specific play calling to work in a snow storm in Nov with extreme cold or a run game against a stout run D. I know A LOT of it, per watching and Frost's comments, that the Mich St run D didn't help.  Iowa if 15th.  Not a push over.

It seems from his comments, we met the perfect storm in weather conditions and opponent to make our O significantly less effective.  I'm hoping that Frost can continue to evolve the O.  Previous comments were liking the up tempo with the Husker power.  After yesterday, I'm hoping the power gets added/developed/improved.

Watching that presser again, that game was on the D for all 4 quarters.  Great job. And Pickering. 

3 hours ago, lo country said:

One thing I hope Frost can improve on is the game plan in inclement weather.  He noted in the presser (7:08) we were limited in the call sheet especially going against the wind in the 1st and 3rd.  Had to just "grind" it out.    At 3:50 he also mentions realizing in warm ups and after the first drive that he'd have to flip the script in our game plan.  Mich St was giving up 270 through the air.  Thought we'd be able to pass.  Their run D was giving up like 70/game.  Thoughts that he might try and develop a game plan or specific play calling to work in a snow storm in Nov with extreme cold or a run game against a stout run D. I know A LOT of it, per watching and Frost's comments, that the Mich St run D didn't help.  Iowa if 15th.  Not a push over.

It seems from his comments, we met the perfect storm in weather conditions and opponent to make our O significantly less effective.  I'm hoping that Frost can continue to evolve the O.  Previous comments were liking the up tempo with the Husker power.  After yesterday, I'm hoping the power gets added/developed/improved.

Watching that presser again, that game was on the D for all 4 quarters.  Great job. And Pickering. 

A few things to retort. I don’t live in Nebraska, but I think the weather turned out to be worse than anyone expected earlier in the week. NU is putting in the game plan a number of days in advance, so the coaches were probably thinking it would be like Illinois, where albeit cold, the weather wasn’t a huge factor, like it was on Saturday. While Frost would love to have been able to move the ball consistently with Power football, Nu’s line isn’t quite there, and MSU’s front 7 is among the best in the nation. Frost was trying somehow to break some chunk plays, and score points. Martinez just missed a TD to Morgan in the 2nd quarter, just like MSU missed a couple TD’s during the game.  I still say that NU’s lateral passing game opened up the long pass to Morgan to kick start NU’s comeback. In that type of game, the offense just needed to get a few chunk plays to eventually score some points.  I thought Ozigbo was going to score on the 3rd and 8 run from the 20, but credit MSU’s tackling in the secondary. Also, I thought there was a blatant pass interference against Morgan on 3rd and 3 on that same drive. It wasn’t pretty, but the offense made enough plays, and that was without a key WR (Spielman), and his backup (Warner) getting hurt in the 1st quarter.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1