suh_fan93

Other College Football Recruiting News

Five of the top six players in the country are defensive linemen according to 247.  #7 and #8 are offensive tackles

• Plus1 1

No one really cares about this "news" but I think it's funny that a Colorado recruiting site announced a commitment from a guy with a photo from Nebraska's Friday Night Lights (who never got a Nebraska offer).

• Plus1 1

The Huskers are currently 3rd in the Rivals 2019 B1G team rankings.  OSU shockingly comes in at #4 after definitely getting used to coming in first for quite some time.

Take Two: Should Ohio State be worried with slide in recruiting rankings?

The numbers are striking: Ohio State has finished atop the Big Ten team recruiting rankings every year since 2011 and hasn't finished No. 1 only once since 2008. That’s a decade of complete dominance that has also played out that way on the field.

Former coach Urban Meyer basically landed five-star after five-star, the snowball effect took hold and the Buckeyes were the kings of the Big Ten.

This 2019 recruiting class is different, though. First, it was expected to be a smaller class. And second, it’s a transition year from Meyer to first-year coach Ryan Day, and those classes are always down a little bit.

But Ohio State currently finds itself fourth in the Big Ten rankings behind Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska. If the Buckeyes finish in that spot, it would be their worst finish since 2003, when they ended up sixth in the Big Ten.

Perhaps?

• Plus1 1

This is from last year, but didn't realize Northwestern had a former 5 star transfer DT QB from Clemson. Sat out this last year and has three years left it sounds like. Could still be pretty good and lose out to Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence.

:clapWell done so far at #13.  I have always said we need top 15 classes year in and year out.  If we get them, we will play and win our fair share of Big Ten Championships.  After that anything can happen in the playoff.  This is what I am looking for Frost to build for a long, long time.  :Frosty:

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

:clapWell done so far at #13.  I have always said we need top 15 classes year in and year out.  If we get them, we will play and win our fair share of Big Ten Championships.  After that anything can happen in the playoff.  This is what I am looking for Frost to build for a long, long time.  :Frosty:

But will it hold? 

@Mavric ?

53 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

But will it hold? 

@Mavric ?

there are three teams close behind us without 20 recruits. I don't know how many they are taking but they would be prime candidates to jump us since new additions would get their full value.

Then the others have the 20 plus but no idea who they are after and what the lowest recruits dropping off their point totals would be. We still have an opportunity to add a few points with guys like Houston, Parker, and so on. 

7 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

there are three teams close behind us without 20 recruits. I don't know how many they are taking but they would be prime candidates to jump us since new additions would get their full value.

Then the others have the 20 plus but no idea who they are after and what the lowest recruits dropping off their point totals would be. We still have an opportunity to add a few points with guys like Houston, Parker, and so on. 

Yeah, I thought it seemed unlikely. 

Top 10 QB recruits of 2019 and where they're headed

1. SPENCER RATTLER, PHOENIX, ARIZ. (NO. 1 PRO-STYLE QB IN 247SPORTS COMPOSITE)

8432263.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

Where he signed: Oklahoma

Measurables: 6-foot-1, 192 pounds

The skinny: Rattler is the only five-star quarterback in the 2019 class, a "no-brainer" pick according to 247Sports director of scouting Barton Simmons. Rattler is a big-arm talent who should fit in nicely within Oklahoma's quarterback-friendly offense under Lincoln Riley as the guy in 2020 following the departure of Alabama graduate transfer Jalen Hurts.

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting that they are so negative towards USCs class. 

They are just ahead of us on 247. 

They had the #3 class last year per rivals (#5 247 rankings) and were ranked 6th the year before (4th by 247) that so they're simply noting the sudden downfall.  Their current class is ranked 17th by rivals.

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

They had the #3 class last year per rivals and were ranked 6th the year before that so they're simply noting the sudden downfall.  Their current class is ranked 17th.

I understand. Just pointing out the different perspectives. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand. Just pointing out the different perspectives. 

Yeah I figured as much.  By their standards compared to recent history their classes simply aren't at the level their used to.  

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Oh Chip... :facepalm:

Seems like you're really limiting your options to let student-athletes know you are interested... Weird self-inflicted recruiting handicap?

• Upvote 1

Yeah guys I have no idea.  Beginning to think the once revered Chip Kelly really isn't so smart after all.  Quirky better describes his decision making but that's putting it nicely.

9 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah guys I have no idea.  Beginning to think the once revered Chip Kelly really isn't so smart after all.  Quirky better describes his decision making but that's putting it nicely.

Im beginning to think the only reason they thought Chip was smart is because he had Frost taking care of/ recruiting that high powered offense!

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

How old is this guy, he looks like he is 35.

Says he's only 24!

On 2/5/2019 at 8:28 AM, suh_fan93 said:

Oh Chip... :facepalm:

I guess you gotta try something.....

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I just read that. This looks bad for rivals. Not sure how it looks bad for 247. They didn’t rank the player on their site. Their composite rankings include rivals which did rank him. That’s why he showed up on the composite. 

Huge props to them though. Always impressed by Dabo's staff. Rather be honest with a kid about the roster and expectations for playing time ("hey, it's not best for either of us") than Alabama taking 5 stars and asking them gray shirt the summer before they show up.

52 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Must be rough

Kind of weird considering they don't have any commits at the position

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

Must be rough

I saw a recruiting guy saying they might sign a five-star at every position.....