Dumbledore's hiring decisions...impact on the Huskers?

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I almost died from holding my laugh in at work. 

It got more intense than a Quidditch match for a while...

Seems to have died down which is too bad... I dont always know all the ins and outs about football strategy, but I can give you TONS of Harry Potter takes. 

My wife is about 50 times better than me. I bought her Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit for her birthday and the amount of crap she knows is astounding. 

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

It got more intense than a Quidditch match for a while...

Seems to have died down which is too bad... I dont always know all the ins and outs about football strategy, but I can give you TONS of Harry Potter takes. 

My wife is about 50 times better than me. I bought her Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit for her birthday and the amount of crap she knows is astounding. 

I’m not sure if I’d be good at it. I thought I knew a lot about the Wheel of Time until I met @Elaida I don’t know if he still does but at one time he knew all the names of the innkeepers and horses in the series. He makes me feel a lot less nerdy in comparison.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m not sure if I’d be good at it. I thought I knew a lot about the Wheel of Time until I met @Elaida I don’t know if he still does but at one time he knew all the names of the innkeepers and horses in the series. He makes me feel a lot less nerdy in comparison.

The questions are from the movies not the books technically but pretty varied. About 60% of the questions are manageable for Potter fans. About 30% are more for REALLY big Potter fans and about 10% are random super specific questions that I doubt someone would know. 

Can get it on Amazon and it is pretty fun.

5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

The Harry Potter version of Scene-It is under the tree right now for my kids to open at Christmas. We're a whole family of nerds - we motivate the kiddos to finish their dinner by giving them Harry Potter trivia questions if they eat a bite of their vegetables.

You are doing parenting right!

My wife has made it very clear our daughter will not watch any of the HP movies until she reads the books first. Our daughter is only 2 years old but I cant wait till she is old enough to read HP. I started reading them when I was about 12 and the 4th one came out. The last one came out when I was graduating from High School. 

I still remember the feeling of depression when I closed that last book. 

• Plus1 1

We just watched the first two Harry Potter movies for Christmas. They're neat little shows.  It gets better as the series gets darker.

Next up is Love, Actually.  I don't care that it's sappy & stupid, it's a Christmas tradition and the wife loves it.  It's grown on me, too, but I'd still rather watch Four Weddings & a Funeral.

After that, we're diving into Game of Thrones, watching the whole series from soup to nuts before the final season comes out in April.  Mrs. knapplc has never seen it.  I'm eager to see how much she loves/hates it. 

• Plus1 1

Too bad the Trivial Pursuit is based on the movies. I'm a massive Potter meganerd, but the movies are only okay. Other than Azkaban and specific moments of the last four, the movie franchise is wildly disappointing. But I've read each of the books at least 8 times.

Just now, knapplc said:

After that, we're diving into Game of Thrones, watching the whole series from soup to nuts before the final season comes out in April.  Mrs. knapplc has never seen it.  I'm eager to see how much she loves/hates it. 

Your live tweeting of your first run through GOT is one of my favorite things ever.

I may live tweet her reactions. I'll have to get permission first, of course. 

I genuinely think she'll like it, even though it's not really her kind of show.  We may have to take breaks between seasons to clean the palate.  It can be a bit much, especially for someone for whom this isn't a natural genre to like.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We just watched the first two Harry Potter movies for Christmas. They're neat little shows.  It gets better as the series gets darker.

Next up is Love, Actually.  I don't care that it's sappy & stupid, it's a Christmas tradition and the wife loves it.  It's grown on me, too, but I'd still rather watch Four Weddings & a Funeral.

You didnt mention Dumbledore in your post once... STAY ON TOPIC.

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Too bad the Trivial Pursuit is based on the movies. I'm a massive Potter meganerd, but the movies are only okay. Other than Azkaban and specific moments of the last four, the movie franchise is wildly disappointing. But I've read each of the books at least 8 times.

Most of the questions overlap enough that you probably would do just fine.