Nebrasketball Game #14 - @ Maryland: Wednesday, January 2 - 5:30 (BTN)

Mavric

What will the game result be?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Maryland single digit win
    • Maryland double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/2019 at 02:16 AM

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I did look around the country.  I doubt you did (just post platitudes).  

We are #83 in the country in free throw percentage, so it's not like there's not room for improvement.  And that's with Palmer (who is a pretty good free throw shooter) taking almost a third of them.  Other than Palmer, we are shooting 67.5% which would be good for #253 in the country.  You know, since you wanted to look around the country.

why did you bring in how good NU is ranked (LOL) - the conversation was if they are a "given" or "free" the college average for men is around 70% that is roughly 2 out 3 and is far from a given .

37 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Keep squeezing out #'s to prove your point

My bad.  I forgot you don't like facts in your arguments.

37 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I guess we could also say since Palmer shoots the most FT on the team that his % is the only one that matters.  

I mean ... I guess you can say that.  It's wrong, but that won't stop you from saying it.

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Palmer - 81.8%

Watson - 88.5%

Allen - 92.3%

Our bigs pull down the avg. - Cop, Roby, Borc & Heiman.  I agree that these guys need to shoot FT better and also learn how to finish when they get bumped.  I still think Cope & Palmer get frustrated when they do not get the call.  FT were a problem, but so was our 3 pt. defense & Cope just disappeared.

I think Cope was frustrated with having to deal with those Maryland bigs the whole game, and they did a good job of roughing the game up (which the refs allowed).  Copeland is a more of a finesse player and relies on his quickness.  He has a tough time banging with bigs all game long, especially after he gets poked in the eye in the 2nd half (which didn't draw a foul).

Just now, Mavric said:

My bad.  I forgot you don't like facts in your arguments.

I mean ... I guess you can say that.  It's wrong, but that won't stop you from saying it.

taking facts and squeezing things out is "fake news"

I didn't say it - however you did LOL 

Do you really think you are in your own league

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

They're called "FREE" throws for a reason.  They should be almost automatic.  It is always a big frustration for me when a player isn't good at shooting free throws.  Quite honestly, it's laziness in not willing to put the time in doing something so mundane in the gym to get good at it.  If you're playing at this level, you should be able to do it with eyes closed.....literally.

This is such a lazy post.  Even at the NBA level, where it's the best players in the world, the league average in FT shooting has ranged from 75-78% over the past 20 years.

20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Cope was frustrated with having to deal with those Maryland bigs the whole game, and they did a good job of roughing the game up (which the refs allowed).  Copeland is a more of a finesse player and relies on his quickness.  He has a tough time banging with bigs all game long, especially after he gets poked in the eye in the 2nd half (which didn't draw a foul).

Agree!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is such a lazy post.  Even at the NBA level, where it's the best players in the world, the league average in FT shooting has ranged from 75-78% over the past 20 years.

Thanks for making my point.  We shot 65% I believe.  (15 of 23).  The difference between 65% and 75% is 2.25 made FTs.  That's enough to tie the game.  Make 76% and we win.

Just from FREE throws.

Not sure why my post is "lazy".  But....what ev.....

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks for making my point.  We shot 65% I believe.  (15 of 23).  The difference between 65% and 75% is 2.25 made FTs.  That's enough to tie the game.  Make 76% and we win.

Just from FREE throws.

Not sure why my post is "lazy".  But....what ev.....

Yes, NU shot 65% in one game.  It's going to happen over a long season.  NU has had 2 close games this season which came down to the final possession.  One game was won (Clemson) with the help of strong FT percentage, and one game was lost by a poor FT percentage.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

I don't think that was a good idea

If you don't think that was a good idea - then you must agree with some or all of what was stated.  Everything that comes my way from a certain poster goes right back and it needs to be a two-way street.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

If you don't think that was a good idea - then you must agree with some or all of what was stated.  Everything that comes my way from a certain poster goes right back and it needs to be a two-way street.

I love Nebraska and I want to trust that this team will be different, but with the history of this team it is hard to believe it will be different from the rest. Some of that has to do with the coaching. As for the game yesterday, we had the game, but decided to get to cute and started turning the ball over way to much. Also, why we didn't double team Fernando baffles me. They also did rebound well at all, and that rebound by Smith late in the game ended up being a killer. Yes, Nebraska has some good free throw shooters, but you can not deny that Roby, Borchart, and Heinman have their struggles at the line. This team has the potential to be a sweet 16 team, but coaching and rebounding could hurt how far we go this season.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, NU shot 65% in one game.  It's going to happen over a long season.  NU has had 2 close games this season which came down to the final possession.  One game was won (Clemson) with the help of strong FT percentage, and one game was lost by a poor FT percentage.

So, you’re agreeing with me in this post but not the previous one.