Mavric

12 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I just saw something odd about the 2001 CU team.  I wonder when was the last time a team played the top 3 ranked teams (at the time) in a row?  Nebraska was #1 when CU beat them in Boulder, Texas was #3 when CU beat them in the Big XII title game and Oregon was #2 when CU got beat in the Fiesta Bowl.

#offseason

I always thought Oregon deserved to be there more than us.

9 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

They let off the gas.  If someone told the '01 Canes they had to beat NU by 45 that night, or else, they cover and there's no "or else" 

The point is that 01 team almost lost games and never even played another elite team all year. Their natty competition was a team that got 60+ hung in them by Colorado. 

Also lots of teams in history let off the gas. 95 could have hung 80 in Florida. So what could have happened is irrelevant and a guess at best 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The point is that 01 team almost lost games and never even played another elite team all year. Their natty competition was a team that got 60+ hung in them by Colorado. 

Also lots of teams in history let off the gas. 95 could have hung 80 in Florida. So what could have happened is irrelevant and a guess at best 

Right.  My point is there should be no issue the Canes won by less than CU as some have stated.  Miami could've won by 50+

Stepping back, I don't see that '01 team in any light near the NC teams...even the '93 team.

12 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I always thought Oregon deserved to be there more than us.

Yep. And I've always thought that it definitely wasn't Colorado, because Colorado had two losses and one of those was against Fresno State.

You just don't go to the title game as a two loss team when one of the losses is Fresno State. 

16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

So is comparing the margins of victory of two different teams that blew us out..

It is actually very relevant. Many people look at the greatest teams of all time by how they fair against other great competition. The best scenario to do that is the national championship game. Which in theory is probably the best team you play all year. 

So I disagree with using the fact 01 Miami won their national championship game easily as a case to support how great they were. Because of the fact the last game we played before the national championship we got slaughtered by a team that was good not great. Thus supporting the theory Nebraska for whatever reason was on a downward trend at that point in the season- or got many weaknesses exposed by Colorado. So Miami dominating Nebraska in the national championship is not all that impressive to me- we just got dominated the game prior. It wasnt like we rolled in undefeated and looked badass all year then Miami just put it on us.