Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

Nebrasketball Game #33 - B1G Tournament - Wisconsin: Friday, March 15 - 1:45pm (BTN)

What will the game result be?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Why isn't anybody talking about the game?

I'm at work so it's hard to get on message boards & it seems like every one is going back & forth on why Miles should/shouldn't be fired.

btw the line is up to WI by 8.5

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna go ahead and assume we can't roll with the hack-a-Happ strategy when we have essentially a 7 man team. I'd love to see us pull this off though. Last year brought them down to earth a little, but Wisconsin fans are a bit obnoxious with basketball in my experience.

If we play def. like we have and double Happ, I think we have a chance.  It appears that all the teams are having trouble with the 3s until they get use to the rim & depth.  I expect Roby to have a turnaround game.  Still need 50+ from the big 3. The big question will be our game legs - causing fouls and shots falling short.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume we can't roll with the hack-a-Happ strategy when we have essentially a 7 man team. I'd love to see us pull this off though. Last year brought them down to earth a little, but Wisconsin fans are a bit obnoxious with basketball in my experience.

I think most of us are thinking the same thing we thought about Maryland....if we win we'll think of it as a miracle....a Cinderella Story. The players may be better knowing that it's up to them and they will definitely be playing.

33 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I'm at work so it's hard to get on message boards & it seems like every one is going back & forth on why Miles should/shouldn't be fired.

btw the line is up to WI by 8.5

Those aren't fans, those are the Assistant AD's.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

Is there any chance at all that Amir Harris would play today? I haven't heard anything about how severe his injury was.

I thought I heard he was done for the season?? I know, like losing a Barkley.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A 5 pt possession... Just what the team needed Tim

That's 3 goal tending calls that refs have called wrong in all 3 games. All 3 were bang bang plays, but man you'd expect at least one to go our way.

I've only got radio coverage on 590 so I don't have a great feel but it sounds like they're playing hard, getting steals and rebounds (just not calls).

GBR!

3 minutes ago, beorach said:

I've only got radio coverage on 590 so I don't have a great feel but it sounds like they're playing hard, getting steals and rebounds (just not calls).

GBR!

Wisconsin is very stiff and deliberate... all mental... a team that can run can destroy them... they want to keep it slow.

We had a bad start playing a slow game of HORSE but they’re getting after it now.

• Plus1 1

Love run, rooting for the Huskers, but this run of wins really underscores how badly the team under-performed in the back half of the season.  Looks to me like Miles underutilized his bench players since the non-conference. Might still have a few more wins and available players if Miles had rested the top dawgs and gotten the bench more playing time and confidence. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Flagrant 1 maybe?  Shoving a guy in the middle of the back mid air?

You'd think so.

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Love run, rooting for the Huskers, but this run of wins really underscores how badly the team under-performed in the back half of the season.  Looks to me like Miles underutilized his bench players since the non-conference. Might still have a few more wins and available players if Miles had rested the top dawgs and gotten the bench more playing time and confidence. 

I agree this is a bit eye opening that the team played with no/little heart in conference play, but give more minutes to thor and Johnny while cope, tom, and amir were healthy? no way

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

FIFY

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I think the minutes are catching up to Palmer. Every shot is short.

He’s trying to do too much.

2 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

He has to do what he is doing. Miles told them to play hero ball

I think that’s just what he likes to do. Miles is just standing on the sideline.

But what you say is true... they heave up shots they shouldn’t take while Wisconsin takes all day looking for a good one.

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That 5 pt possession with Miles' technical sure looms large.

That was early with a horrible call.  He is gone so don't beat him up for something so immaterial.  We lost because we ran out of gas.  Nice tournament!

Just now, MileHighHusker said:

The question is, will these guys carry the energy on to the NIT? or will we dud again 

Different than last year, as they were disappointed that they did not make the NCAA.  

9 minutes ago, MileHighHusker said:

The question is, will these guys carry the energy on to the NIT? or will we dud again 

I expect them to win the NIT if they're as good as everyone thought they would be.....like that underperforming Danny Nee team. First they have to get invited. I think they've caught on to what they do best but they're still underutilizing the bench players. Trueblood driving for a bucket here or there would've made a difference instead of reverting to hotdog shot heaving mode.