The Corruption of Lindsey Graham

My deep thought today on the treadmill ...

I think Lindsay is at this point trying to go down in a blaze of glory HOPING to not get re-elected, so he can quietly exit politics completely and that way WHEN (not if) the blackmail info that Russia or Trump or whomever has on him hits the streets he is no longer in the public eye.   

His statement about not being an impartial juror and having made his mind up already are telling.  I saw a special on how Boris Johnson manipulated what was known about him, and what came up when people searched for his historical acts and it was to create a bigger issue that would come up on a search before the really bad stuff.  Lindsay would be known for supporting Trump blindly and wrecking the US vs. whatever personal issues they have documented on him.

Found some interesting quotes for Graham. As someone who was a proud down the ticket Republican voter a few years ago, it's frustrating to see what the 'R's have turned into. Anyway, on to the quotes:

-“The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury."

-"You don't even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is restoring honor and integrity to the office."

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...