Who's Calling the Plays?

Hi All,

First post and I'm not much of an internet poster so I probably won't be much of a "usual" around here.  However, I have a question that myself and my circle of Husker fan friends don't seem to know the answer to and that is, who is actually calling the plays on offense this year?  After two games, I've noticed that Frost isn't holding a play sheet in his hands like I recall from last year and the play calling seems to be a bit more suspect so far.  Is this a responsibility that Frost delegated to Walters this year?  I've looked on some message boards and got to listen to 1620am most of the day at work today and haven't heard anything to tell me one way or another.  I know Frost said "we" when discussing play calling in OT during his post game presser but that doesn't answer the question either.  It just seems like the play calling isn't what it was last year and Adrian isn't as comfortable as he was then.  The defense does look better so far, which is encouraging but I'm a bit surprised by the regression of Adrian and the offense.  Hope it gets better as the season goes on.

GBR!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 7071949597 said:

Hi All,

First post and I'm not much of an internet poster so I probably won't be much of a "usual" around here.  However, I have a question that myself and my circle of Husker fan friends don't seem to know the answer to and that is, who is actually calling the plays on offense this year?  After two games, I've noticed that Frost isn't holding a play sheet in his hands like I recall from last year and the play calling seems to be a bit more suspect so far.  Is this a responsibility that Frost delegated to Walters this year?  I've looked on some message boards and got to listen to 1620am most of the day at work today and haven't heard anything to tell me one way or another.  I know Frost said "we" when discussing play calling in OT during his post game presser but that doesn't answer the question either.  It just seems like the play calling isn't what it was last year and Adrian isn't as comfortable as he was then.  The defense does look better so far, which is encouraging but I'm a bit surprised by the regression of Adrian and the offense.  Hope it gets better as the season goes on.

GBR!

How did you come up with your username?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, walksalone said:

I don't know, but I see glimpses of Watson & Beck, and that scares the living sh*t outta me...

Multiple?  Take what we want?  I'll even throw Langs in there.  I don't know why we feel the need to stop what's working instead of making the D stop us and then switch.  Or the ability to have enough plays in our arsenal to adjust on the fly if needed to counter.  Or use the myriad of threats we have....  In OT, a 6'8" TE.......That's huge......

The DC's job is to implement some game plan that stops the O.  The OC's job is to call a game plan to beat the D.  If your plan isn't working try something new....I really think we miss a true power running game that can get tough yards when needed.  Or sit back, chip a blitzer, grab the quick pass and get up field...

I still say after week 2, Martinez is a completely different QB than last year.  Unsure what it is, but I hope it gets resolved soon.  I'm sure delayed blitzes might be an issue, but game plan around it as an OC.  Trying too hard?  Feeling the fish bowl and geting "crushed".....Who knows.

• Plus1 1

Thanks all! Appreciate the feedback.  Not doubting any of you, but I noticed everyone was pretty quick to answer Frost.  I'm just curious how you know that.  Again, not doubting any of you, just curious why you all responded that way?  The play calling seems different and myself and others I have talked to are just trying to put our collective finger onto why that is.  Thanks again!

3 hours ago, 7071949597 said:

Thanks all! Appreciate the feedback.  Not doubting any of you, but I noticed everyone was pretty quick to answer Frost.  I'm just curious how you know that.  Again, not doubting any of you, just curious why you all responded that way?  The play calling seems different and myself and others I have talked to are just trying to put our collective finger onto why that is.  Thanks again!

I thought Frost was carrying a laminated sheet, assumed it was a playsheet.  I think Held used to quiz him before a game to make sure he knew by memory what the plays were. 

• Plus1 2