Trench

I am I

last week i rewatched some of the earlier games this season, while Martinez has not been at his best, to me a lot of his woes are having zero time to process what's going on before he's running for his life. and a lot of the time it's on a four man rush. 

can't be but so mad at his mistakes when he has to pirouette out of a sack because his linemen are getting bench pressed in his lap

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

We really got exposed in this area tonight.  (Bit of an understatement.  Hell, it's been an issue all season long!) But I think this is probably the biggest reason why Martinez looks worse this year.  He now seems to have "happy feet" which is not good at all for a quarterback.  I am fairly worried if he can ever recover from it.  I have to admit I was a little worried when Jurgens was named starting center with very little time even practicing the position in fall camp.  It shows in his snaps (that seem to represent a Taylor Martinez passing chart) and I think that has thrown off Adrian's mojo from the start of this season.  The rest of the line looks terrible as well and that could be due in part missed communications from the center position.  Frustrating.  Just frustrating.

• Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

OLine played much better when Adrian went under center.  Jurgens is severely handicapping the offense with the poor snaps.  It is like giving a down away every series.  But the OLines and  DLines are no doubt the weak links.

That's kind of an accurate way of looking at it.  How many times would that screw things up on a veer option or RPO?  Quite a few I'm guessing. 

20 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

OLine played much better when Adrian went under center.  Jurgens is severely handicapping the offense with the poor snaps.  It is like giving a down away every series.  But the OLines and  DLines are no doubt the weak links.

Herbie pointed this out during the game. When you get a bad snap you just hand it off because you have lost the chance to read the play. Maybe pulling the ball was better but when you're jumping to catch it you don't get the chance to read it. 

22 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I get that Cam is a talented kid but making the QB jump for every snap is a deal killer. Learn to snap or ride the pine. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Herbie pointed this out during the game. When you get a bad snap you just hand it off because you have lost the chance to read the play. Maybe pulling the ball was better but when you're jumping to catch it you don't get the chance to read it. 

Unfortunately,  their defense was already in our backfield by that time.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

Also as far as the trenches go, the coaches were raving about the grad transfer Daniels kid at NT. He was a backup at Okie State. Red flag.

Gundy said he told Daniels he hated to see him leave and wanted him to stay at OSU, but he showed support for Daniels. http://www.ocolly.com/sports/gundy-discusses-daniels-decision-to-transfer-from-osu-football/article_c0d08198-f795-11e8-8e10-3b70a58ab07b.html

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Gundy said he told Daniels he hated to see him leave and wanted him to stay at OSU, but he showed support for Daniels. http://www.ocolly.com/sports/gundy-discusses-daniels-decision-to-transfer-from-osu-football/article_c0d08198-f795-11e8-8e10-3b70a58ab07b.html

He's a decent player. I wouldn't want to lose anybody in my 2 deep either. He got made captain here.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

He's a decent player. I wouldn't want to lose anybody in my 2 deep either. He got made captain here.

LSU, Auburn and Mississippi all recruited him as a transfer. He started 10 games in 2017. His career at Ok St was hurt because of injuries more than his play. He's more than a decent player and has played better than decent too.