Post your feeling about each 2020 candidate in gif form

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I do wonder about the motives of a guy his age running for office. He's, by a decade, the youngest candidate of my life.

He's been pretty open about his experiences as a Millennial allowing him to offer a different worldview and speak to different voters than older candidates who don't have those same experiences.

I like him a lot personally. He's a very thoughtful person. That in and of itself is a lot better than we've got now.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

He's been pretty open about his experiences as a Millennial allowing him to offer a different worldview and speak to different voters than older candidates who don't have those same experiences.

I like him a lot personally. He's a very thoughtful person. That in and of itself is a lot better than we've got now.

Read this thread. This is called CORRUPTION! Platitude Pete is corrupt. The last thing we need more of in this govt is corruption.

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Which is weird, because I heard he's not polling well among younger voters.

Bernie

e7dad789c2acd076ab3de961c0d43b45.gif

Biden

giphy.gif

Trump

putin-trump-helsinki-meeting-funny-react

It was either this or an angry Hitler....but all the Hitler gifs displayed a sense of purpose and knowledge that just didn't seem to match.

Buttegeig

tenor.gif?itemid=12522150

I just can’t see his name (or spell it correctly) without thinking of pig butt. And I actually liked him the best of all the dems at the time of the first debate.

Pence

like-a-midget-at-a-urinal-i-was-going-to

I really don’t know much about any of them at this point but from what I have seen...

12-jurassic-park-poop-w1200-h630.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Read this thread. This is called CORRUPTION! Platitude Pete is corrupt. The last thing we need more of in this govt is corruption.

I don't read that or any of the drama about this as you do - he says he's for Medicare for all but admits (I think rightly so) that it's complicated and that it's going to take time to get there.  After all many if not most current medicare recipients have supplemental private insurance in addition to their medicare in order to cover their care, so medicare on it's own is not currently enough - there has to be a way to either fold that in for everyone or figure out a way to level the playing field so that it's not needed - and in the mean time if employers provide the option to their employees to take private insurance they should be able to choose between private and medicare.  The key is to insure all have equal coverage - he does something I admire here and says "he thinks" MFA is the answer.  I think that's fair.  The goal is to get everyone covered equally, the way you get there is fluid.  It may not look like MFA at the end but it can still be an excellent answer for the citizens of the US.

I don't think that thread reflects him doing anything other than admitting its complicated and that it's not an easy fix - not corruption.

But I digress from the thread topic and will step away.  I've just not seen the level of vitriol for him that you have Frost, I appreciate you sharing your whys.

Admittedly my GIF game is lacking so will enjoy watching others contribute!

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

Which is weird, because I heard he's not polling well among younger voters.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114bbcda794844514db6

My guess is most younger folks want someone more progressive and are then pulled towards someone like Bernie, Warren or Yang. They're statistically the worst voting bloc by age. I'm 28 this month and I like him a lot. I don't think he's quite ready for prime time though.

Someone put it really well the other day: White voters in Iowa may well be convinced he's the next Obama. The black voters who sealed the deal for Obama don't, though. He's got about as much support from black voters as Bernie did in 2016.

Not gonna win the nom if that's the case.