*** NFL 2020 ***

suh_fan93

Yeah that's a horrible interpretation of roughing the passer.  As bad as you can get.  My guess is the ref standing directly behind the play saw the qb's head go into the ground so that's probably why he called it.  

As a Bears fan I can't even hate on Rodgers.  He's too dang good.

Same goes for Brady.  

Never saw this coming back when he was drafted.  Incredible. Chargers currently up by 10 on the Chiefs.

11 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Pederson taking out Hurts for this guy is insane.

Pederson/Eagles are certainly taking a lot of heat for it today. It was insane from a competitive standpoint, but it was the best move for the business arm of the Eagles which is what makes some of the backlash a bit interesting.

People don't tend to bat an eye at the 'business' side of the NFL when someone gets fired or a player gets cut. And regardless of whether or not the Eagles intentionally/unintentionally submarined themselves last night, they're in a better business situation today because of it.

As a football fan, I hate what I saw, but the league is set up in a way to enable behavior like this from the under-performing teams.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Pederson/Eagles are certainly taking a lot of heat for it today. It was insane from a competitive standpoint, but it was the best move for the business arm of the Eagles which is what makes some of the backlash a bit interesting.

People don't tend to bat an eye at the 'business' side of the NFL when someone gets fired or a player gets cut. And regardless of whether or not the Eagles intentionally/unintentionally submarined themselves last night, they're in a better business situation today because of it.

As a football fan, I hate what I saw, but the league is set up in a way to enable behavior like this from the under-performing teams.

This exactly. You want that gone, go to a lottery system more like the NBA has where tanking doesn't guarantee anything.

• Plus1 1