***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2020***

Just now, Farms said:

Really irritating these freshman leave without completing a single fall camp. That scholarship is gone for the year and they didn’t even give it a chance..

To be fair: Gray was a covid causality. Francois was never 100% sold from the start. 

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

Now a 2020 DB class of Delancey (CB), Lynum (CB), and Gifford (Blueshirt S). 

Yikes. 

Fisher's recruiting strategy has to change in my opinion. Relying way to much on diamonds in the rough. That room is looking very thin now. Frustrated to say the least.

Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

They should just give Gifford the scholly if they still can.

Why can't we have nice things?

They cannot for this cycle. That last scholarship is either going to N. Joseph, a transfer (not likely), or a walk-on I would assume. 

2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Fisher's recruiting strategy has to change in my opinion. Relying way to much on diamonds in the rough. That room is looking very thin now. Frustrated to say the least.

Really he is only 1/2. Cannot blame him for the covid loss of Gray. Will wait to see if we get Joseph. Gonna be a bigger 2021 haul now. Think the guys from last cycle are gonna pan out. Counting those two it looked like a quality class. Not worried for his ability to bring in quality talent. 

Would have also been nice to hit on either CJ Smith or Cam Jones at S. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Decked said:

They cannot for this cycle. That last scholarship is either going to N. Joseph, a transfer (not likely), or a walk-on I would assume. 

In my head I was thinking this opens up a scholarship, but it doesn't so never mind. Also, that needs to change, if a kid bails before ever seeing the field the school shouldn't be down a scholarship.

Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

In my head I was thinking this opens up a scholarship, but it doesn't so never mind. Also, that needs to change, if a kid bails before ever seeing the field the school shouldn't be down a scholarship.

Heard that they may be able to apply to get these back? Even if they don’t nab anyone it would make sense to be able to pay for two kids colleges on the team currently. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Decked said:

Heard that they may be able to apply to get these back? Even if they don’t nab anyone it would make sense to be able to pay for two kids colleges on the team currently. 

That would be great. If they can transfer and go get a scholarship from another school we should be able to get our scholarship back and make use of it.

• Plus1 2