Kevin Cross

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm to the point with basketball that I shouldn't even pay attention till the season is about to start and then look to see who's on the team.  It amazes me how many kids transfer.

It's probably just me.  But, I lose some interest in the team when you can't get to know a kid and watch him develop.

Honestly, the days of young players "wanting to develop" are probably over.  They want to see how they fit in a team pretty quickly, and the coaches have similar thoughts, as well.  Players want to play.  If they aren't getting that in their current school, and don't see how they fit into long-term views of the coach, they are going to transfer.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly, the days of young players "wanting to develop" are probably over.  They want to see how they fit in a team pretty quickly, and the coaches have similar thoughts, as well.  Players want to play.  If they aren't getting that in their current school, and don't see how they fit into long-term views of the coach, they are going to transfer.

Fine....but for me, I lose interest in the players and therefore, the team.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Some good perspective from Chris Heady, who's rapidly becoming one of my favorite Husker beat reporters.

I can't read the article.  Please fill me in.

The headline claims this is business as usual for this staff.  But, this staff hasn't coached together yet.  So, how can they make that claim?

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't read the article.  Please fill me in.

The headline claims this is business as usual for this staff.  But, this staff hasn't coached together yet.  So, how can they make that claim?

Pretty sure he just means under Hoiberg. Poor choice of words.

• seaofred92 changed the title to Kevin Cross