Police Reform

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop

Emphasis is mine.  This is why I said at the beginning of this thread that "Good cops are like Unicorns".  I wasn't making things personal or taking a stab at anyone to make them react..I was making a comment on how systemically broken our entire Police culture in America is.

Read this article...it's worth your time.

Cops pulling over women to flirt?

Was this guy working on the show CHIPS?

One thing that has occurred to me with all of this is that this movement may be in its infancy and was not possible before. We had incidents filmed before (most notably the Rodney King beating), but it hasn't been that long that everyone has a recording device on them. We've really only had 10 years where the likelihood of catching this stuff has gotten higher.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

One thing that has occurred to me with all of this is that this movement may be in its infancy and was not possible before. We had incidents filmed before (most notably the Rodney King beating), but it hasn't been that long that everyone has a recording device on them. We've really only had 10 years where the likelihood of catching this stuff has gotten higher.

Yes!

This is why when the "Bo was kicked out of a middle school baseball game for berating the umps" s#!t comes up...I laugh...and the "Bo fought boosters in the basement of the Cornhusker" s#!t pops up...I have to tell people they are wrong again.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

As I said previously, if that's what you think I'm about, you're completely not reading what I write.  And sure, go ahead and start a CHIPS thread...I'm sure people will remember and participate.

That show is like the handbook for bad policing.