The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, commando said:

the impeachment trial for him concerning jan. 6 was 57 guilty 43 innocent.    they didn't get the 2/3 required to impeach but that is a solid majority.

This CO Supreme Court judge, on the other hand  I will vote retain.

https://www.newsweek.com/colorado-supreme-court-justice-warns-chaos-after-trump-ruling-1853965

The justice said Tuesday's ruling sanctions "makeshift proceedings" by the lower court, which he argues did not allow for the former president to have a fair trial.

"Because most other states don't have the Election Code provisions we do ... will inevitably lead to the disqualification of President Trump from the presidential primary ballot in less than all fifty states, thereby risking chaos in our country," Samour wrote. "This can't possibly be the outcome the framers intended."

• TBH 1

17 hours ago, Decked said:

just remember while setting this precedent you will be giving republicans the same power. It works both ways. This is not going to end well. 

Both of them have no business running our country 

I am perfectly fine if another state bans a Democrat from the ballot that organized an attack on our country. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- Primary Season
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You might want to change verbiage...because there was plenty of that going on after George Floyd.

Really?  What president organized a rally in Washington and then motivated the crowd to attack our country to stop the peaceful transition of power in the name of George Floyd and now wants to run for president. If there is one, I’m fine with them being banned from running too. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  What president organized a rally in Washington and then motivated the crowd to attack our country to stop the peaceful transition of power in the name of George Floyd and now wants to run for president. If there is one, I’m fine with them being banned from running too. 

If anyone bailed out rioters in 2017 during the inauguration or were associated with talk about Trump being illegitimate causing people to riot (Kamala) the interpretation is so broad that something as silly as that could be used.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If anyone bailed out rioters in 2017 during the inauguration or were associated with talk about Trump being illegitimate causing people to riot (Kamala) the interpretation is so broad that something as silly as that could be used.  

It’s amazing that you can equate the two. 

That’s actually impressive. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

5 minutes ago, commando said:

FWIW....while i think trump shouldn't be on any ballot...i also think he would be destroyed by Biden in an election.    so i actually hope the supreme court helps re-elect Joe and reverts the colorado court decision.

I’d not going to be upset nor surprised if that happens.  I’m actually surprised Colorado is doing this.  Just because I don’t have a problem with it, doesn’t mean I’d be upset if it’s overturned. 

It’s just one more example of how f#&%ed up Trump has made this country. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

What? Where did you say President originally? 

And, I suggested the verbiage change, because there were several elected officials promoting protests against other elected officials, and law enforcement officials, and Govt entities...and some of those protests turned violent. 

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

What? Where did you say President originally? 

And, I suggested the verbiage change, because there were several elected officials promoting protests against other elected officials, and law enforcement officials, and Govt entities...and some of those protests turned violent. 

Protests are very different than an attack against our government. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Protests are very different than an attack against our government. 

I think that some of those protests, and therefore the people encouraging them, could definitely be construed as an attack on government entities...be that physical entities or personal ones. 

Given the vague nature of the language.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, commando said:

FWIW....while i think trump shouldn't be on any ballot...i also think he would be destroyed by Biden in an election.    so i actually hope the supreme court helps re-elect Joe and reverts the colorado court decision.

This is what I was going to post too!

I would rather we see "the people" choose, with no doubt at all.  

this is sort of like when the team you like is facing a rival and that rivals has a few players out and fans out "That sucks, I want to beat them at full strength" 

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election