The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I really feel like I'm alone in thinking that Trump has a really good chance. I have a hard time understanding why. 

No one thought he had a chance in 2016 either.  At this point, I’d be surprised if he lost.  Just based on “normal” people around me in Nebraska.  They almost seemed more excited now than 8 years ago.

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I really feel like I'm alone in thinking that Trump has a really good chance. I have a hard time understanding why. 

I’m not allowing myself to be confident that he is going to lose. The risk of him in office again is too great. The polls are way too close and the electoral college throws a wild card in.  

There are just way too many party line voters and cult members in this country.  

• TBH 1
44 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No one thought he had a chance in 2016 either.  At this point, I’d be surprised if he lost.  Just based on “normal” people around me in Nebraska.  They almost seemed more excited now than 8 years ago.

Really?

Man, in 16 I remember HS students talking about it and being into it and even getting mad at each other about the race.  Right now, nothing.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Really?

Man, in 16 I remember HS students talking about it and being into it and even getting mad at each other about the race.  Right now, nothing.  

I saw two Trump shirts yesterday.  In middle school.

But I’m talking more about the adults in my orbit.  In 2016, they didn’t like him, but would be better than Hillary.  In 2020, it was kind of the same.  Now they are full fledged supporters and think we NEED him to turn things around.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I saw two Trump shirts yesterday.  In middle school.

But I’m talking more about the adults in my orbit.  In 2016, they didn’t like him, but would be better than Hillary.  In 2020, it was kind of the same.  Now they are full fledged supporters and think we NEED him to turn things around.

Really?

I saw about 200 White Fox and Patagonia hoodies...

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

None of my circle is excited and most said they weren't backing him, until he basically became the nominee a couple weeks ago

29 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think my the people in my circle are depressed that it is Biden-Trump again.  My guess is people around me are about 50/50 Biden-Trump.  I will vote for neither.  

I 100% think it is this.

It is tiring and annoying that it we are STILL dealing with these two.  R voters need to stop and D voters need to stop.  Find some new people that are younger and have some new thoughts and ideas.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

In a hypothetical they both die in the next few months...

Who would the nominees be??  I guess from the R side either Haley or Desantis?  From the D side?  My guess is Michelle Obama.

This comes up a lot.

I think she is wildly popular (except for that stupid school lunch program) but has she ever really even hinted about running for office?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election