The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I agree, 100%

But we also have Hammas and Houthie deniers, right here, posting.

Also, Holocaust deniers should be executed...Period.  100%

The two party closed primary system will be the death of this country. Only the extremist of either side vote and we are stuck with wackadoo candidates that get voted through.  

• TBH 2

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

JB looks like Bernie from the Documentary "Weekend at Bernies" and trump looks like a b!^@h

Here is a real man

Correct, this is a post board, not real life.

Anyway...your thoughts on why fighting sports have weight classes???

Right - regarding Reagan - the guy who joked wt doctors after the assignation attempt.    In the video above, no flinch and he didn't miss a beat with the 'missed me' line. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Welp Nikki, I guess you have to leave the party now.  

Good - time for a new party.  There was a stat shared on the news last night that the majority of Haley voters had a college degree while the majority of Trump voters did not.  So, the Trump party can be the party of the deplorables and uneducated - since he did say he liked uneducated voters.  Time for a serious center right to center left party.  The GOP of Eisenhower, Reagan and most importantly Lincoln is dead and gone.  Watch Trump do what he's always done - fail and watch the GOP go down with him.

• TBH 1

NOTE: I CHANGED THE THREAD SUBTITLE TO 'THE LONG GENERAL ELECTION' AND REMOVED THE PRIMARIES SUBTITLE.    With Haley suspending her campaign and Trump winning super Tuesday - the primaries are only a formality now.  Now the very long general election begins.  There has got to be a way to streamline this process.  In November I'll cast another vote against Trump. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great job Republicans!!!:clap

You're doing a bang up job as a party. 

And….just one more election that proves voting in Nebraska doesn’t mean s#!t.  

I feel the same way about voting in Colorado. We are a blue state headed the way of Cali. My vote for Haley in CO didn't mean much either. Trump got 63%. It surprised me that Trump hit 70+% in states like Cali and Mass. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just something to keep in mind.  Once Trump secures the nomination, he starts receiving security briefings again.  I'm sure this makes our allies real comfy....especially any that are targets of Russia.

Great job Republicans!!  :clap:facepalm:

Ukraine will be sweating with that idea as well as our NATO friends. 

• TBH 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just something to keep in mind.  Once Trump secures the nomination, he starts receiving security briefings again.  I'm sure this makes our allies real comfy....especially any that are targets of Russia.

Great job Republicans!!  :clap:facepalm:

sounds like a great time to plant some false info in a brief and see how russia responds to it.    

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I think the data about repubs not voting for Trump is interesting to watch.  I am guessing the GE will be interesting because if everyone is completely honest, they don't want either of these people. 

Elections are now about fear and little else.  Too many people on both sides feel like the world will end if the other guy is elected.  

Ohio primary is in a few weeks.  I will vote against Trump.  However that looks.  I may write in Nikki.  After all she personally texts me now.

• Oh Yeah! 2
13 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think the data about repubs not voting for Trump is interesting to watch.  I am guessing the GE will be interesting because if everyone is completely honest, they don't want either of these people. 

Elections are now about fear and little else.  Too many people on both sides feel like the world will end if the other guy is elected.  

Ohio primary is in a few weeks.  I will vote against Trump.  However that looks.  I may write in Nikki.  After all she personally texts me now.

I was thinking about other election alternatives than the current system in place because the primary process disenfranchises most states after the first 5-6 primaries.  The primary election is basically over at that point.

I kinda like how California did the Senate election with a jungle primary, but would it be even better if say the top 4 vote getters advanced to the general election and gave General Election voters a choice between all 4.   May help eliminate only having the choice between extreme candidates for a general election. 

Combine that with @BigRedBustersuggestion of having only 2-3 primary voting segments for the entire country (I kinda think one is fine, every state does it on the same day in April/May) and we might have a better election process. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3