The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A Biden surge this fall?  Yes says this conservative strategist

https://www.alternet.org/trump-biden-surge/

Over the years, conservative consultant/strategist Stuart Stevens has worked with a long list of prominent Republicans — including President George W. Bush, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

But Stevens has been a scathing critic of former President Donald Trump and the MAGA movement, which he believes have been terrible for conservatism. The former Republican, now an independent, aggressively endorsed Joe Biden for president in 2020 and is supporting him again in 2024.

Many of the polls released in March have showed Trump with narrow single-digit leads over Biden, although some have showed Biden slightly ahead. But during a Thursday, March 21 appearance on MSNBC, Stevens predicted that as the November election draws closer, support for Biden will surge — and the 2024 election will be "1980 in reverse" in favor of Biden.

Stevens told host José Diaz-Balart and former HUD Secretary Julián Castro (who was also featured as a guest), "My image of the Trump campaign is somebody walking around with a paper bag full of water. I don't think it's going to leak, but I think when this thing goes, it's going to go quickly. And I think there's a good chance that we're going to have a situation like 1980 in reverse, where (Jimmy) Carter was tight with Reagan until the middle of October — and then, kind of the bottom fell out for Carter."

The Never Trump conservative continued, "People are just beginning to focus on the fact — I mean, this is incredible, I can't believe I've said this, I've worked in this party for 30 years — the Republican Party is led by a guy from Queens who can't make bail. That's a fact. So, I think that's going to be very disturbing. Plus, there is no positive message inside the Trump campaign. It is a party of grievance and a campaign of grievance…. It's exhausting, it's unattractive, it makes us feel bad."

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Too bad his debt wasn’t a student loan.  

He still couldn't have helped him.

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Too bad his debt wasn’t a student loan.  

Also, at least with a student loan he couldn't file for bankruptcy.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Literally the same exact thing I have been saying for months and I get told how wrong I am.  Then this clown says it and now it is amazing and on point.  

Pretty typical.

You are the totally unappreciated, unrecognized, non-celebrated wise man on the board:worship:D

This has to be the only way Trump wins in 2024.  If Hispanic voters break for Trump in a big way.  Trump losing Hispanics by only 5 points or so is terrible news for The Big Guy and could allow Trump to overcome the Not Trump Republican voters.   Combine that with RFK taking away more Biden voters than Trump voters with The Big Guy being a mush brain at this point in time, Trump unbelievably has a chance.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/03/18/cnns_harry_enten_biden_is_behind_in_arizona_nevada_georgia__michigan_if_that_map_holds_ballgame_over.html

• Fire 1
Just now, TGHusker said:

You are the totally unappreciated, unrecognized, non-celebrated wise man on the board:worship:D

It is getting ridiculous now!

I mean...a shout out every now and then or some "big ups"...anything.  

Whatever...I will get over it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

This has to be the only way Trump wins in 2024.  If Hispanic voters break for Trump in a big way.  Trump losing Hispanics by only 5 points or so is terrible news for The Big Guy and could allow Trump to overcome the Not Trump Republican voters.   Combine that with RFK taking away more Biden voters than Trump voters with The Big Guy being a mush brain at this point in time, Trump unbelievably has a chance.  

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2024/03/18/cnns_harry_enten_biden_is_behind_in_arizona_nevada_georgia__michigan_if_that_map_holds_ballgame_over.html

I am not sure why RFKj is stealing JB voters...is it because he WAS a democrat?  

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Might be people protest voting against Joe who don’t want to vote for Trump? 

The vast vast majority of Biden voters realize Trump is a psychopath and a threat to America if elected again.  That's much worse than being old.  I don't see a big number "protesting" against Biden when that helps elect Trump.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The vast vast majority of Biden voters realize Trump is a psychopath and a threat to America if elected again.  That's much worse than being old.  I don't see a big number "protesting" against Biden when that helps elect Trump.

The vast vast majority could mean 80% for Joe 85%, 90% 95%.  All those numbers equate to vast vast majority.  And if he only got even 95% of his votes that could spell disaster for him, especially if Hispanics break hard for DJT and make that voting bloc closer to 50/50. 

• Plus1 1