The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It seems that the party that can read the tea leaves the best, creates  for themselves the better future.  More and More I think 2024 will be in Trump's words "A bloodbath".  More GOPers are leaving congress either earlier or deciding not to run.   I suspect Biden will win- ultimately with ease - and the Dems will take control of House and Senate.  It will be a bloodbath for the GOP as trump endorsed candidates far and wide get trounced at the polls.

In the 1950-60s the GOP seemed to have the upper hand on the civil rights issue. It was southern Dems who were blocking everything on that issue. But a switch happened.  Before long the GOP became the party that replicated George Wallace desires.  The Dems became more involved as a whole in promoting civil rights as they pushed the old southern representatives out - we found those representatives fleeing to the GOP. 

As you mentioned above, the GOP as configured today cannot read the tea leaves.  They are holding hard to old traditionist ideas and refuse to change.  Politics isn't that much different than business, the prize goes to the quick and nibble - those who see the future now and act accordingly in the present.  The GOP is becoming more Neanderthal by the moment and I apologize to Neanderthal's for that comparison.  

Yes.  But, here's the problem for them.

In a well functioning party, the party leadership would, at some point in time, sit back and reevaluate what they are doing and start promoting candidates that appeal to more people.

But, what do we have?  We have the functioning leader of the party being the most hated politician in America.  He has installed his daughter-in-law as the chairman of the party.  They are kicking out anyone who questions the dear leader and using the party to fund whatever personally the leader wants.

This is not a recipe for the party to get straightened out any time soon.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.  But, here's the problem for them.

In a well functioning party, the party leadership would, at some point in time, sit back and reevaluate what they are doing and start promoting candidates that appeal to more people.

But, what do we have?  We have the functioning leader of the party being the most hated politician in America.  He has installed his daughter-in-law as the chairman of the party.  They are kicking out anyone who questions the dear leader and using the party to fund whatever personally the leader wants.

This is not a recipe for the party to get straightened out any time soon.

Yes, I wonder if Reagan's words about the Soviet Union are going to hit his party.  Ash Heap of History

The GOP may survive but perhaps in name only and it will be a much different party if it doesn't reform itself.  Reformation will

take many election cycles to rid itself of the trump cancer.   

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, I wonder if Reagan's words about the Soviet Union are going to hit his party.  Ash Heap of History

The GOP may survive but perhaps in name only and it will be a much different party if it doesn't reform itself.  Reformation will

take many election cycles to rid itself of the trump cancer.   

The hardcore Trump people will jump on some other bandwagon when Trump dies.  It will take many cycles to reform.  I know there are people who hold their noes and vote Trump out of fear.   I would love toknow the percentages of hardcore Trumper as opposed to voting the party line, but hate Trump. 

I am happy in the 3rd party world.   Not my 80 year old senile candidates.

• TBH 1

Trump posts 77 times on Truth Social.   I guess he has his priorities in perspective - no family, no church, no good Easter blessings - just an old, psychological  deranged man ranting things  - who only belongs in a padded cell at this point.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-spends-easter-posting-77-times-on-social-media/vi-BB1kSyAW?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=ea3ae341025246468fc12a754d00c873&ei=33

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, people actually think this guy is a legitimate option to consider.  :facepalm:

OK:  Let me get this straight:

1.  We have an 80 year old guy running for president who is known for verbal gaffs but is generally compassionate and thoughtful & understands the scope of his job.  

2.  We have an 77 year old guy running for president who is know for verbal gaffs, dementia like thinking, has a messiah complex, has 91 felony indictments against his name, is a convicted rapist and fraudster, cult leader and is generally a self-center narcistic nut job. 

3.  We have another guy running for president who is a verifiable Q'anan nut job, his extended family won't support him and his only qualification is the family name which isn't a qualification at all except in a personality centered society. 

All this begs the Question:

Why oh why can't this great country full of highly qualified people not provide a better slate of candidates? 

Beg # 2 Question:

Biden should be, even with his aging issues and some of his policy weaknesses, should be blowing this field apart in the polls.   Why isn't he?

Hopefully come Sept - we will see polls showing Biden building an insurmountable lead.  We will know it is happening when we see/hear candidate # 2 posting hundreds of 'the election is rigged' posts to Truth Social. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Great, I am already embarrassed when I look at my bank account but now Bill Gates will get to see it too!!!

Remember he is also buying up all of the farm land so he can control what you eat as well:ahhhhhhhh:o:D

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

OK:  Let me get this straight:

1.  We have an 80 year old guy running for president who is known for verbal gaffs but is generally compassionate and thoughtful & understands the scope of his job.  

2.  We have an 77 year old guy running for president who is know for verbal gaffs, dementia like thinking, has a messiah complex, has 91 felony indictments against his name, is a convicted rapist and fraudster, cult leader and is generally a self-center narcistic nut job. 

3.  We have another guy running for president who is a verifiable Q'anan nut job, his extended family won't support him and his only qualification is the family name which isn't a qualification at all except in a personality centered society. 

Why oh why can't this great country full of highly qualified people not provide a better slate of candidates? 

Beg # 2 Question:

Biden should be, even with his aging issues and some of his policy weaknesses, should be blowing this field apart in the polls.   Why isn't he?

Hopefully come Sept - we will see polls showing Biden building an insurmountable lead.  We will know it is happening when we see/hear candidate # 2 posting hundreds of 'the election is rigged' posts to Truth Social. 

Well, the answer to question 2 is answered by the fact that you give American voters way too much credit in question 1.  Americans are extremely dumb, and most of the dumb ones are proud of it.

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Well, the answer to question 2 is answered by the fact that you give American voters way too much credit in question 1.  Americans are extremely dumb, and most of the dumb ones are proud of it.

Yep, the average Joe is easily persuaded to buy pass his reasoning ability.  

Trump losing GOP voters everywhere.  Haley still gets 12.8%m 14%, 12.9%, & 10.6%.     This could be setting up as a landslide for Biden if these voters continue to vote against Trump in the GE.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-stung-in-primary-as-huge-number-of-republicans-vote-against-him/ar-BB1kZvnZ?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=11364e7fb96f46a8bce8d38537ac5afd&ei=18

In Wisconsin, Trump won 78.9 percent of the vote share while Haley, the former South Carolina governor, garnered 12.8 percent of the vote and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis 3.3 percent of the vote, according to NBC News.

In Connecticut, the former president won 77.8 percent of the vote. Fourteen percent went to Haley while a further 4.8 percent said they were uncommitted.

Trump also lost some 20 percent of the vote in New York where he gained 82.1 percent of ballots to Haley's 12.9 percent.

In Rhode Island, he won 83.7 percent of the vote, while 10.6 percent of voters opted for Haley, instead.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/2/2024 at 7:20 AM, TGHusker said:

If you're smart and bring a keen understanding of both politics and media, why would you want the job?