The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Somewhere up here in my state, Dan Severn is still pissed he lost to that shrimpy Royce in UFC 4. :lol:

15 minutes of the hugely smaller man controlling your positions until you’re out of gas. Crazy to watch.

Dude, those early days of UFC were wild!

• Plus1 1

The candidate Republicans chose is not getting great reviews.

Retired four-star admirals and generals, along with former secretaries of the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force, have filed an amicus brief warning the Supreme Court to reject Trump's presidential immunity claim. "We risk jeopardizing America's standing as a guardian of democracy in the world and further feeding the spread of authoritarianism, thereby threatening the national security of the United States and democracies around the world."

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh really. 

Spending the 1990s sexually assaulting numerous women makes one have a pro-choice stance, who knew!

39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The candidate Republicans chose is not getting great reviews.

If you think that the average Republican voter cares about America being a guardian of Democracy, I have penthouse in Pyongyang to sell you. 

These voters stupid behind saving and believe our Democracy is rigged. There is truly no hope for these people.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If you think that the average Republican voter cares about America being a guardian of Democracy, I have penthouse in Pyongyang to sell you. 

These voters stupid behind saving and believe our Democracy is rigged. There is truly no hope for these people.

I'm quite well aware of who those people are.

This is a flat-out lie, just like the lies the conservatives gave Congress before being affirmed.

Every one of them said Roe was settled case law, untouchable. And then they ruled on Dobbs, and here we are.

• TBH 1
48 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This seems so extremely unlikely. I'm really trying to figure out how and why people think Joe Biden is going to win. 

It seems to me that there's a decent chance that the electoral college bias is so strongly against Democrats that it may not be possible for them to win. Joe Biden will probably need to win the national popular vote by nearly 5% to win the electoral college, which is a margin that may not be possible given how deeply polarized the electorate it and how impossible it is to sway political opinions.

It seems likely that we're heading towards a 2016 environment where Biden wins the popular vote by ~2.5-3%, leading to a decisive electoral college loss. There's a reason Trump's electoral strategy isn't even trying to sway opinion - they don't need to. They need to drum up the base to turn out and cruise to victory because they have tremendous built in advantages.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This seems so extremely unlikely. I'm really trying to figure out how and why people think Joe Biden is going to win. 

It seems to me that there's a decent chance that the electoral college bias is so strongly against Democrats that it may not be possible for them to win. Joe Biden will probably need to win the national popular vote by nearly 5% to win the electoral college, which is a margin that may not be possible given how deeply polarized the electorate it and how impossible it is to sway political opinions.

It seems likely that we're heading towards a 2016 environment where Biden wins the popular vote by ~2.5-3%, leading to a decisive electoral college loss. There's a reason Trump's electoral strategy isn't even trying to sway opinion - they don't need to. They need to drum up the base to turn out and cruise to victory because they have tremendous built in advantages.

Many of the swing states had very narrow wins for Biden in 2020.  I don't think Trump picks up any more voters there.  I think he losses voters in those states due to his criminal issues as well as the abortion issue.  He can turn out his voters as much as he wants - he'll get those red states - that is a given.  But more and more thoughtful GOPers are leaving trump and they will either vote 3rd party, not vote at all for the top of the ticket or hold their nose and vote Biden - in all 3 cases Trump losses a 2020 voter.  The Arizona abortion case just tossed Arizona deeper into Biden's camp IMHO.  

• TBH 1