2020 Season Is B1G Only

Doesn't it seem quite possible that the third wave of COVID will start hitting harder in the fall, roughly in line with the typical cold & flu season?

I'm glad a 9/05 start is projected; waiting to start the season seems like a greater likelihood of getting the back half cancelled anyway.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, Undone said:

Doesn't it seem quite possible that the third wave of COVID will start hitting harder in the fall, roughly in line with the typical cold & flu season?

I'm glad a 9/05 start is projected; waiting to start the season seems like a greater likelihood of getting the back half cancelled anyway.

Yup, normal cold and flu season starting has been a big concern for a lot of public health officials for a while. I was thinking all along that things should be moved up, but then things never got as in control as people hoped in the summer I think.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

The SEC just said "thanks, no thanks" to the ACC. Yesterday, the ACC announced that they would play one non-conference game, with each team playing the game somewhere in the home state of the ACC team.  Presumably so Clemson-South Carolina, Georgia Tech-Georgia and Florida State-Florida would all still be played.  All those games now cancelled.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Undone said:

Yeah, that's why a lot of schools are starting their semesters early. In sports, though, they needed time for camps and for deals to be worked out with scheduling and TV, while simultaneously taking a 'wait and see' approach to see how bad the pandemic would be in the second half of the year.

2 hours ago, Rochelobe said:

The SEC just said "thanks, no thanks" to the ACC. Yesterday, the ACC announced that they would play one non-conference game, with each team playing the game somewhere in the home state of the ACC team.  Presumably so Clemson-South Carolina, Georgia Tech-Georgia and Florida State-Florida would all still be played.  All those games now cancelled.

Glad to see the power 5 moving forward.

16 hours ago, Undone said:

I know health experts have mentioned that all along.  However, it sure seems to me that temperatures and weather really don't have much to do with it.  Look at the spike we are having now and we are in the middle fo the hot summer.

If we have another spike in the fall, I think it will be because people are doing indoor and not outdoor activities and if people don't take the virus serious and go about their normal activities without masks.  

@BigRedBuster It's not that the season doesn't have much to do with it, it's more that it's just one of several factors involved. The current wave is mostly just the continuing fallout from the rush to reopen back in mid to late May.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Toe said:

@BigRedBuster It's not that the season doesn't have much to do with it, it's more that it's just one of several factors involved. The current wave is mostly just the continuing fallout from the rush to reopen back in mid to late May.

Which.....basically is what I said.  Hot weather doesn't stop it.  So, I don't see a reason specifically why the fall weather would cause it to come back.  

For a long time.  People were predicting that it would die off in the summer months due to the warm weather.  That hasn't happened.