The last week has been utter chaos. Is the chaos over?

knapplc

The most chaotic of weeks  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

common man. theyve had great success no doubt but theyre beating up on schools like youngstown state.  At our absolute lowest, with us coughing up the rock, and going 3 and out and just having a random crap husker game, sure they can beat nebraska.  But 70% likelihood and saying they've had a better program for many years? thats not based in reality

Go look at the season record and who theyve played - some close games against some schools no one has heard of.  Also some pretty bad losses to schools no one has heard of

Great progrum no doubt and I dont mean to disrespect them, but we have a major f'n issue on our hands if we're treating an FCS program as superior to us

Pay more attention. FBS schools won't schedule NDSU anymore. Last FBS game they had was a win in 2016 against #13 Iowa. Nebraska lost to that same Iowa team by 30. Scary thing is NDSU has gotten better since then. Lord knows Nebraska hasn't.

It's not even a question that NDSU has been a better program than Nebraska the past several years.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

58 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Pay more attention. FBS schools won't schedule NDSU anymore. Last FBS game they had was a win in 2016 against #13 Iowa. Nebraska lost to that same Iowa team by 30. Scary thing is NDSU has gotten better since then. Lord knows Nebraska hasn't.

It's not even a question that NDSU has been a better program than Nebraska the past several years.

I think it's safe to say that when Bohl got here his #1 priority was to create a culture and program similar to what was at Nebraska. He eventually succeeded in spades and we have kept that culture by hiring and promoting in house. It hasn't all been perfect and we have had some squabbles but winning makes that go away pretty quick. Do we have a better overall program, no probably not. But when you have 100 young men all pulling on the same side of the rope for a decade + you can win an assload of games which is what we have done. All good things come to an end as will our massive run of titles. For now though, Bison fans are enjoying the ride.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, mrandyk said:

lol the horrible takes continue.  Are we now going to say appalachian state has a better program than most because they beat michigan once?  Don't equate a scenario where NDSU has iowa marked on the calendar as the game of the year and act as if NDSU all of a sudden is going 11-1 if they play a big10 or regular FBS schedule.

Quit kidding yourself bro, if an FCS team really had a better program than a big10 team then they wouldnt be in the f'n FCS lol

The fact you end with "its not even a question" sinks your entire claim based off your lost of credibility.  i couldnt even tell you where 90% of the schools are located that NDSU plays and you think they're on par with nebraska program wise lololol..

Honest question randy, what do u think nebraska's record in the FCS would be.   If u dont think we'd be national champs in the FCS then please hand in your fan card for lack of faith but more egregiously, pure stupidity 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

lol the horrible takes continue.  Are we now going to say appalachian state has a better program than most because they beat michigan once?  Don't equate a scenario where NDSU has iowa marked on the calendar as the game of the year and act as if NDSU all of a sudden is going 11-1 if they play a big10 or regular FBS schedule.

NDSU's success is not remotely similar to App St beating Michigan once. NDSU played FBS teams each year from 2010-2016 (except 2015) and won them all: Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado St, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Iowa. Yeah KU and CSU were awful, but the rest of these were notable victories. In the three seasons after 2016, NDSU went 45-1 with three national championships, and they have won 8 of the last 9 titles. 

No one is saying they would go 11-1 in an FBS schedule, and we all know that most FCS teams who make the jump never become better than mediocre. But yes they certainly have been more successful than Nebraska in the past decade.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Ulty said:

NDSU's success is not remotely similar to App St beating Michigan once. NDSU played FBS teams each year from 2010-2016 (except 2015) and won them all: Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado St, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Iowa. Yeah KU and CSU were awful, but the rest of these were notable victories. In the three seasons after 2016, NDSU went 45-1 with three national championships, and they have won 8 of the last 9 titles. 

No one is saying they would go 11-1 in an FBS schedule, and we all know that most FCS teams who make the jump never become better than mediocre. But yes they certainly have been more successful than Nebraska in the past decade.

quite frankly, none of those victories impresses me outside of iowa. and when ya peel the onion back you'll notice the 2016 iowa team at 8-5 wasnt the juggernaut were making em out to be

The original statement i responded to was saying NDSU would be favored to win 70% of the time if we played... I really feel for you if you agree these are the expectations these days

As i said in an earlier post, im not knocin ndsu and of course pure title and relative success they'd win in a landslide in terms of progrum stature.  but if they came into lincoln next month, our backyard and neck of the woods, id be shocked if we didn't win by 20.

21 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

quite frankly, none of those victories impresses me outside of iowa. and when ya peel the onion back you'll notice the 2016 iowa team at 8-5 wasnt the juggernaut were making em out to be

The original statement i responded to was saying NDSU would be favored to win 70% of the time if we played... I really feel for you if you agree these are the expectations these days

As i said in an earlier post, im not knocin ndsu and of course pure title and relative success they'd win in a landslide in terms of progrum stature.  but if they came into lincoln next month, our backyard and neck of the woods, id be shocked if we didn't win by 20.

There is a good chance you would be shocked. And a good chance NDSU would win. Every FBS team they have played has thought it was a sure win.

50 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

You would be shocked then I guess. Come to terms with reality. NDSU has an excellent program, and has absolutely fielded better teams than Nebraska has each of the past several years. FBS teams will not play them anymore for a reason. Common sense says they are a better team. Look at their past FBS wins, tell me Nebraksa has been any better than those teams recently, and then consider that NDSU has improved upon those past teams.

The truth hurts.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, ReddyRed said:

There is a good chance you would be shocked. And a good chance NDSU would win. Every FBS team they have played has thought it was a sure win.

13 hours ago, mrandyk said:

You would be shocked then I guess. Come to terms with reality. NDSU has an excellent program, and has absolutely fielded better teams than Nebraska has each of the past several years. FBS teams will not play them anymore for a reason. Common sense says they are a better team. Look at their past FBS wins, tell me Nebraksa has been any better than those teams recently, and then consider that NDSU has improved upon those past teams.

The truth hurts.

NDSU has a good program. They still wouldn't win 70% of the time against Nebraska. A single win over Nebraska would be an upset.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, mrandyk said:

The truth hurts.

Where did I once say they didn't have an excellent program?  In fact, I explicitly said "i dont mean any offesne to them" and "clearly if we're comparing relative success they are clearly more successful than we have been given their record and titles".... 

But that doesnt' mean NDSU would be able to have a complete FBS schedule and a big10 schedule and still have the same record.  Can they beat nebraska? they sure can.... but 70% of the time? thats a slap in the face where im from, boy

Impressive wins, no doubt, but its a helluva lot easier to get up for 1 game, their game of the year, then it is to do it week after week against top competition.

I'll give you credit, NDSU prolly would give a prime mike riley squad a run for its money and win given the non existent lines, wrong identify for the players, and just pourous defense.... but I would be appalled if we didnt rack up 350+ yards simply on the ground from 2AM, wandale, and our o line that actually looks like it belongs in the big10 if we played this year and ultimately win comfortably by 20.

• Plus1 2

I was going to take the Shawn Watson! option but couldn't come up wt the right angle :blink:

So, I said - it aint over yet, the fat lady hasn't sung - the Big Afraid 10 will change its mind once again.   I'm hoping that the Big 10 commish & the other fearful leaders :madashof our confernece will see the Big 12, the SEC, and the ACC play a few games.  I hope they see that the other conferences are making it work.  I hope they understand what they are costing their members, the member cities, and the athletes with their hardened stance.  While student athlete safety must come first, and there remains the possibility (even a strong possibility) that the other conferences may have to cancel the season, at least they gave it a try. (I guess the Big 10 leaders don't believe in the old college try*)  Our coaches and those of several other Big 10 schools felt they had the right procedures in place to manage the risk.  Nothing ever gets accomplished by those who's first concern is to avoid risks.  The key is to manage the risk. The Big 10 opt for the former and not the latter. 

We could do a October- Dec season - arrange the games so that the colder it gets the more southern the location is where the game is played at.  Heck, we have bowl games in cold weather states in December besides conference championship games in Dec.   Or if need be - extend games into January and play in domed stadiums. NU fans will travel.  We could borrow the USD Dakota Dome and have a huge overflow crowd outside as well.  There are several domed stadiums within the foot print of the Big 10 that could be used.    A little bit more creativity by our Fearful leaders could have led to a different outcome. 

*Noun. old college try (plural old college tries) (informal) A vigorous, committed attempt or effort, often in the context of a nearly hopeless situation where failure is expected.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I was going to take the Shawn Watson! option but couldn't come up wt the right angle :blink:

So, I said - it aint over yet, the fat lady hasn't sung - the Big Afraid 10 will change its mind once again.   I'm hoping that the Big 10 commish & the other fearful leaders :madashof our confernece will see the Big 12, the SEC, and the ACC play a few games.  I hope they see that the other conferences are making it work.  I hope they understand what they are costing their members, the member cities, and the athletes with their hardened stance.  While student athlete safety must come first, and there remains the possibility (even a strong possibility) that the other conferences may have to cancel the season, at least they gave it a try. (I guess the Big 10 leaders don't believe in the old college try*)  Our coaches and those of several other Big 10 schools felt they had the right procedures in place to manage the risk.  Nothing ever gets accomplished by those who's first concern is to avoid risks.  The key is to manage the risk. The Big 10 opt for the former and not the latter. 

We could do a October- Dec season - arrange the games so that the colder it gets the more southern the location is where the game is played at.  Heck, we have bowl games in cold weather states in December besides conference championship games in Dec.   Or if need be - extend games into January and play in domed stadiums. NU fans will travel.  We could borrow the USD Dakota Dome and have a huge overflow crowd outside as well.  There are several domed stadiums within the foot print of the Big 10 that could be used.    A little bit more creativity by our Fearful leaders could have led to a different outcome. 

*Noun. old college try (plural old college tries) (informal) A vigorous, committed attempt or effort, often in the context of a nearly hopeless situation where failure is expected.

I have zero faith in big10 leadership exploring this. there's no way they're gonna back track, again.  

Still no explanation why they made a schedule to allow for a potential sept 26th start date, yet they pull the plug on august 10th

• Plus1 1
On 8/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, gossamorharpy said:

I have zero faith in big10 leadership exploring this. there's no way they're gonna back track, again.  

Still no explanation why they made a schedule to allow for a potential sept 26th start date, yet they pull the plug on august 10th

Pretty shaky "leadership" if you ask me.  It will be very disconcerting to see other conferences play while we sit home

• Plus1 2
On 8/13/2020 at 10:35 AM, gossamorharpy said:

Quit kidding yourself bro, if an FCS team really had a better program than a big10 team then they wouldnt be in the f'n FCS lol

The fact you end with "its not even a question" sinks your entire claim based off your lost of credibility.  i couldnt even tell you where 90% of the schools are located that NDSU plays and you think they're on par with nebraska program wise lololol..

Honest question randy, what do u think nebraska's record in the FCS would be.   If u dont think we'd be national champs in the FCS then please hand in your fan card for lack of faith but more egregiously, pure stupidity 

Do you remember when we needed last minute heroics to beat McNeese St?  How we struggled against SDSU?

If we played NDSU today, money would be on NDSU.  The parity people speak of in the FBS is trickling down to the FCS level........

I can't think of one thing NU has done in the past 5 years that makes me think we'd beat NDSU if the game was played today.  IIRC, their QB Lance, is rumored to be a potential 1st round pick.  

And I am not saying they could have that success at the next level, BUT to game plan for one match up against NU (as we are now) I'd go with NDSU.......I remember one FCS coach saying that they can game plan a little each week a year in advance to play a FBS school...Most FBS schools own't do that to play a FCS school...And I am not saying they'd win "X" out of 10, but IMHO, they are a more complete team aross the board.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1