Nebraska is a fully-committed member of the Big Ten

knapplc

23 hours ago, Ziebol said:

And now we wait to see which players transfer out to play elsewhere.

This cancellation is not just going to hurt the big ten senior class, but many future recruitment classes.  C19 is going no where and will rear its ugly head every year just like the flu season for years to come.  I can almost hear the SEC, big 12, and ACC coaches now telling those recruits in their homes..."I see you are considering going to Nebraska/OSU/Wisconsin/Penn State,  how will you be for sure there will be a season to play when you get there?  Having to transfer will lose you a year of eligibility and could ruin your chances at the NFL.  Come play at our conference, we never cancel."

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, Bledred said:

This cancellation is not just going to hurt the big ten senior class, but many future recruitment classes.  C19 is going no where and will rear its ugly head every year just like the flu season for years to come.  I can almost hear the SEC, big 12, and ACC coaches now telling those recruits in their homes..."I see you are considering going to Nebraska/OSU/Wisconsin/Penn State,  how will you be for sure there will be a season to play when you get there?  Having to transfer will lose you a year of eligibility and could ruin your chances at the NFL.  Come play at our conference, we never cancel."

Exactly 

Warren just set the big 10 back a decade. The huge recruiting grounds where they take football seriously, won’t consider big10 teams:

florida

georgia

texas

louisiana 

Heck forget about 500 mile radius also, with big 12 teams playing :

iowa

kansas

missouri 
oklahoma 

Only blue state where they aren’t playing with good number of kids is California and we’ve been going more south than west of late. 

I can stay closer to home and be sure to play or I can go north and maybe yes, maybe no. Imagine an 18 year old mind trying wrap their head around that. I’m working my a$$ off to get ready for a season that I have no clue if or when it’s going to start. Doesn’t matter how good the coaches are at motivating, that dog doesn’t hunt when a kid is 1,000 miles from home and your buddies are all playing on television !!

Man they had 5 months and never thought this through 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

It never was about us "leaving".  That is the BS that the ESPN pundits were spitting out.  The truth was that we were planning on playing a few non-conference home games (as hinted at many times by Frost and Moos) and then Warren responded that we would be kicked out if we did that.  Us playing games and then getting removed against our will is not the same thing as leaving the big ten on our own volition.

In this case paper (President/Chancellor) covers rock (Coach/AD).  Looking back at it, it may all just be posturing by Frost and Moos in the sight of their players.  A player is going to follow someone who fights for them and Frost and Moos understand this very well.  Having said that, Frost and Moos are quickly becoming all hat and no cattle...can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk...all bark but no bite...mouth writing checks their a** cannot cash etc. etc.  First they come out guns blazing that the big ten is going to have to adjust to us.  (Insert sad trombone sound here).  Two horrible seasons later with multiple beat-downs and no bowl appearances and not to forget getting beat twice by CU, we have yet to see what was initially promised.  This scenario just repeated itself with this whole "we are going to look at alternative options for games this fall" bit.  It has brought negative press down on our team and state and has once again shown Scott and Bill to bail when it comes to standing by what they are saying.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Bledred said:

It never was about us "leaving".  That is the BS that the ESPN pundits were spitting out.  The truth was that we were planning on playing a few non-conference home games (as hinted at many times by Frost and Moos) and then Warren responded that we would be kicked out if we did that.  Us playing games and then getting removed against our will is not the same thing as leaving the big ten on our own volition.

In this case rock (President/Chancellor) covers paper (Coach/AD).  Looking back at it, it may all just be posturing by Frost and Moos in the sight of their players.  A player is going to follow someone who fights for them and Frost and Moos understand this very well.  Having said that, Frost and Moos are quickly becoming all hat and no cattle...can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk...all bark but no bite...mouth writing checks their a** cannot cash etc. etc.  First they come out guns blazing that the big ten is going to have to adjust to us.  (Insert sad trombone sound here).  Two horrible seasons later with multiple beat-downs and no bowl appearances and not to forget getting beat twice by CU, we have yet to see what was initially promised.  This scenario just repeated itself with this whole "we are going to look at alternative options for games this fall" bit.  It has brought negative press down on our team and state and has once again shown Scott and Bill to bail when it comes to standing by what they are saying.

+1. Unfortunately.

If being part of the Big Ten carries so much weight academically, how come UNL’s national university ranking has slid from 96th in 2009 to #139 in 2020? 

http://newsroom.unl.edu/unltoday/2009/08/20

https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/unl-remains-among-nation-s-best-in-us-news-rankings/

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-nebraska-2565

Is that from being kicked out of the AAU? I hope so because the optics of being in the Big Ten isn’t that hot when you’re consistently piled on in every facet. 

• Plus1 2

23 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I was wondering this myself. So the BIG10 and PAC12 are out. The SEC and ACC and BIG12 are still playing. Assuming they play all their games, play their conference title games. Do bowl games go on as planned? Does the playoff go on as planned? Due to the financial gain of the playoff and bowl games I assume life goes on with the 3 conference's who played their season. Too much money to make off TV ratings for the playoff. 

IF those 3 conferences manage to pull off a season and the playoff happens. WOW what a bad look for the big10 and pac12 sitting it out. All the $$ lost, exposure gone. How much of a setback will it be for recruiting. If those schools have game recruiting visits- we stand no chance to win a recruiting battle if we cant show a gametime experience. 

This has all just shown how weak the NCAA is and that there needs to be a governing body that all P5 conferences answer to. The NCAA needs to either shut it all down or everyone plays. Is it not a competitive advantage for 3/5 of the conferences to play their games, host recruits, collect their tv revenue etc. 

This is absolutely stupid. It's like the NFL sitting back and saying nothing. Then the NFC says we are going to play our season but the AFC says they are going to sit the season out. No the NFL is one unified entity. College football needs to be unified.

College football doesn't need to become more like the nofunleague.  CFB needs a return to local individuality.  And not all universities are the same.  For some football is not a valued priority and they probably should sit it out, without telling others how to conduct their affairs. 

15 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

The spring season is a carrot to dangle in front of the teams so they stay quiet and toe the line. It will not happen.

It could be very interesting.  For example does "Spring" mean a kickoff on February 1st or May 1st?

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

College football doesn't need to become more like the nofunleague.  CFB needs a return to local individuality.  And not all universities are the same.  For some football is not a valued priority and they probably should sit it out, without telling others how to conduct their affairs. 

It could be very interesting.  For example does "Spring" mean a kickoff on February 1st or May 1st?

Not a fan of people requiring others to think and act just like them or be labeled a “horrible person” . What happened to independent thought and expression? I was hoping we got past that after people criticizing the Middle East interventions (And in turn criticized for being non patriotic)  were kinda proved right in my eyes anyways. 

If your league and area doesn’t want to play- go for it. Same if you want to play, your circumstances, your decision. 

Just don’t require me to pay for your choices if they were bad ones, no matter what they were. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

If being part of the Big Ten carries so much weight academically, how come UNL’s national university ranking has slid from 96th in 2009 to #139 in 2020? 

http://newsroom.unl.edu/unltoday/2009/08/20

https://news.unl.edu/newsrooms/today/article/unl-remains-among-nation-s-best-in-us-news-rankings/

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-nebraska-2565

Is that from being kicked out of the AAU? I hope so because the optics of being in the Big Ten isn’t that hot when you’re consistently piled on in every facet. 

That is because we have had some really poor leadership. Hopefully we're on the way to fixing that with the guy installed today.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That is because we have had some really poor leadership. Hopefully we're on the way to fixing that with the guy installed today.

this isn’t a shot at you, but man I seem to have heard an awful lot of defense for HP about his academic prowess as a leader. Turns out he just sucked overall?