Censorship

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sorry but that’s just an incorrect and Ill-informed thing to say imo.  There are countless examples where GOP leadership,Trump and Congressional Leaders call out these very folks very publicly.  It just seems that people like you and others on here just don’t want to believe it or listen to it.  

Case in point.

If the GOP leadership has done such a good job addressing the issue, why do the racists/ethno-nationalists/confederates/anti-semites still associate with them now? Why did they associate with Republicans the last four years? You would think that a political party actually committed to rooting out and condemning these folks would leave no room for ambiguity, but we have "countless examples" to prove this isn't the case.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Case in point.

If the GOP leadership has done such a good job addressing the issue, why do the racists/ethno-nationalists/confederates/anti-semites still associate with them now? Why did they associate with Republicans the last four years? You would think that a political party actually committed to rooting out and condemning these folks would leave no room for ambiguity, but we have "countless examples" to prove this isn't the case.

Politics is a two party zero sum game.  Everyone knows this.  So if people in those groups want to vote and potentially win, they have to vote for D or R 

Here is an example of why groups like that may vote one way or another. 
Party A wants to pander to identity politics, restrict gun access, blame everyone for a natural climate change and tax accordingly, wants to move the country closer to a one world order, tax as much as they can cause government is better at handling their money (we can just call Party A Democrats), denounces white supremacists and  militia members.

Party B says it doesn’t matter what your identity is everyone should have the same economic, academic opportunity and laws applied equally.  Climate change will happen no matter what but humans should be good stewards of the environment, America first policy then help out other countries in need, tax as little as we have to since people are better at spending their own money (we can just call Party B Republicans), denounces white supremacists and militia members. 

There is no relevant party B, C, or D to vote for.  So if those undesirables want to vote (no one can stop them from casting legal ballots), even though both Party’s denounce them and don’t want their support, they would vote Party B because of the other issues I just brought up.  

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, maybe the other side shouldn't put a candidate up that's corrupt, can't talk clearly or read from a teleprompter and is in office for no reason than to make his kids rich.

Then maybe you wouldn't be living in this miserable country ran by someone your propaganda is telling you is failing.

Maybe, he’s not failing at everything.  His Admin is doing good with Covid vaccines and hopefully with continue to get better.  But I will leave you with this :snacks:.  It’s getting worse as time goes on.  

• Fire 1
23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Politics is a two party zero sum game.  Everyone knows this.  So if people in those groups want to vote and potentially win, they have to vote for D or R 

Party A wants to pander to identity politics, restrict gun access, blame everyone for a natural climate change and tax accordingly, wants to move the country closer to a one world order, tax as much as they can cause government is better at handling their money (we can just call Party A Democrats), denounces white supremacists and  militia members.

Party B says it doesn’t matter what your identity is everyone should have the same economic, academic opportunity and laws applied equally.  Climate change will happen no matter what but humans should be good stewards of the environment, America first policy then help out other countries in need, tax as little as we have to since people are better at spending their own money (we can just call Party B Republicans), denounces white supremacists and militia members. 

There is no relevant party B, C, or D to vote for.  So if those undesirables want to vote (no one can stop them from casting legal ballots), even though both Party’s denounce them and don’t want their support, they would vote Party B because of the other issues I just brought up.  

If only the republicans who claim the denounce white supremacists spent more time... you know... denouncing white supremacists rather than the Democrats, this would be believable.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe, he’s not failing at everything.  His Admin is doing good with Covid vaccines and hopefully with continue to get better.  But I will leave you with this :snacks:.  It’s getting worse as time goes on.  

And you totally ignore the idiocy from the your savior.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

This doesn't really answer the question I asked.

If GOP leadership has done such a good job denouncing the things you claim they denounce, why do racists/ethno-nationalists/confederates/anti-semites still associate with the Republican party now? Why did they associate with Republicans the last four years?

All this is doing is further substantiating my post. I know there are a lot of Republicans who vote R because they don't believe Democrats have the solutions to America's problems, but they clearly don't mind putting their eggs in the same basket as the aforementioned deplorables. They just don't like the affiliation pointed out. You'd think if they did have a problem with it, they would start there, vs. masking the situation behind a value statement.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And you totally ignore the idiocy from the your savior.

My savior is far from an idiot or spews idiocy.  His words and teachings in are in the best selling book of all time, and followed by billions across the globe.  You call it idiocy, I call it the Word of God.  

• Plus1 3
50 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This doesn't really answer the question I asked.

If GOP leadership has done such a good job denouncing the things you claim they denounce, why do racists/ethno-nationalists/confederates/anti-semites still associate with the Republican party now? Why did they associate with Republicans the last four years?

All this is doing is further substantiating my post. I know there are a lot of Republicans who vote R because they don't believe Democrats have the solutions to America's problems, but they clearly don't mind putting their eggs in the same basket as the aforementioned deplorables. They just don't like the affiliation pointed out. You'd think if they did have a problem with it, they would start there, vs. masking the situation behind a value statement.

I’ve answered your question.  It’s a zero sum game.  Vote for one or the other if you want to win.  Both parties hate the racists.  If racists liked gun control, high taxes, and America last they would vote Democrat, if they don’t then it’s Republican.  What other choice do they have that has a chance to win an election?  Why do the Black Nationals vote Democrat?  Why does Antifa vote Democrat.  It’s the same reasons just in reverse.  They identify more with the Democrat party on the issues they care about that don’t deal directly with hating white and Jewish people.  Things like higher taxes, universal health care, climate taxes, gun control, etc...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

If only the republicans who claim the denounce white supremacists spent more time... you know... denouncing white supremacists rather than the Democrats, this would be believable.

They do, you just choose to close your eyes, cover your ears, and sing nananananananana in order to avoid seeing it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/10/02/trump-and-white-supremacy-he-did-condemn-and-has-repeatedly-column/5883336002/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists/

https://davidharrisjr.com/caitlin/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacy-heres-a-list/

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Um, are many people even saying they don’t like Dr. Seuss? Personally I give some leeway based on the era someone lived in. 

The things these people freak out over or give principled stands on are assinine. They are a joke. People this stupid should not be running the country. 

President Biden left Dr. Seuss out of mention in the presidential proclamation of the National Education Association’s Read Across America initiative, breaking with prior proclamations by Donald Trump and Barack Obama.

Last week, a Virginia school district ordered its teachers to avoid “connecting Read Across America Day with Dr. Seuss” because of recent research that allegedly “revealed strong racial undertones” in many of the author’s books.

what racial undertones you ask?  

The solution to the story’s conflict is that the Plain-Belly Sneetches and Star-Bellied Sneetches simply get confused as to who is oppressed. As a result, they accept one another. This message of “acceptance” does not acknowledge structural power imbalances. It doesn’t address the idea that historical narratives impact present-day power structures. And instead of encouraging young readers to recognize and take action against injustice, the story promotes a race-neutral approach.

This is very offensive to the SPLC and a lot of liberals.  Dr Seuss wrote a story saying the screetches should be judged by their character instead of their appearance.  

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/against-canceling-dr-seuss/

People this stupid should not be running the country. 

No they are likely pretty smart.  People this evil should not be running a lemonade stand.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

Same thing for Trump. The man is a chronic liar and was a liberal's liberal well into adulthood. He then made what can only be described as a miraculous flip flop on just about every single major political issue one could have an opinion on.

No.  Trump was the only president in my lifetime to stick with his campaign promises.  I was quite surprised when Trump actually adopted an America First policy and avoided foreign wars while trying to get out of the ones we are in.  You can find those promises in the speeches from the other guys but only Trump acted accordingly. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oops. trump mouthed words against racists, and you take him at his word.

I'm a republican. I'm the Pope. I'm actually don trump.

Those are my words. Following the logic of the above quotes, I presume you believe that.

If not, why not?