Censorship

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

At this point I would take one cherry picked 'promise' that Trump said off the cuff in 2015.

:laughpound

NotredameJoe - Trump is the only President in my lifetime to stick to his promises.

Me - points out that he didn't.

Notredamejoe - You're cherry picking.

What's funny about this is that the economy was pretty much the main topic of his campaign.  After all, he's supposed to be the greatest business man the world has ever seen, right?  He didn't just talk about the GDP growth once in 2015....off the cuff.  The Republicans and Trump have whined about the Obama recovery being the slowest recovery in history and how horrible it's been.  

Business Insider From 2016

Trump has run on a platform of economic dissatisfaction and painted Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton as a continuation of President Barack Obama's administration with the hope that voters will view four more years of a Democratic presidency in a negative light.

A strong GDP number showing continued steady growth (though slower than that of most economic expansions) seems to run counter to the Trump narrative that America is no longer "great" and that the economy needs serious improvement.

Trump didn't raise GDP faster than Obama.

Trump didn't decrease unemployment faster than Obama.

Trump didn't produce jobs faster than Obama.

Trump didn't decrease black unemployment faster than obama.

So....if the economy was the bedrock of his campaign, and the Obama economy was so horrible, how did he keep any of these promises?

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

To you

To discerning people. It's easy to say things that aren't true, or that you don't believe. You give some people a pass because they mouth some words that you use to exonerate all other ills. 

A discerning person can separate the words trump says from the actions trump takes. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

NotredameJoe - Trump is the only President in my lifetime to stick to his promises.

Me - points out that he didn't.

Notredamejoe - You're cherry picking.

What's funny about this is that the economy was pretty much the main topic of his campaign.  After all, he's supposed to be the greatest business man the world has ever seen, right?  He didn't just talk about the GDP growth once in 2015....off the cuff.  The Republicans and Trump have whined about the Obama recovery being the slowest recovery in history and how horrible it's been.  

Business Insider From 2016

Trump didn't raise GDP faster than Obama.

Trump didn't decrease unemployment faster than Obama.

Trump didn't produce jobs faster than Obama.

Trump didn't decrease black unemployment faster than obama.

So....if the economy was the bedrock of his campaign, and the Obama economy was so horrible, how did he keep any of these promises?

Obama took over in the valley of a recession that Bush had been stabilized.  Obama took it to a glass ceiling which Trump smashed through.  

BTW none of those are policy positions unless you think a politician wants a higher level of unemployment.   

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Obama took over in the valley of a recession that Bush had been stabilized.  Obama took it to a glass ceiling which Trump smashed through.  

BTW none of those are policy positions unless you think a politician wants a higher level of unemployment.   

It's all stuff he said he could do when he was campaigning better than Obama.  He's bragged constantly along with his worshipers about how much better he did with the economy.  NOW.....when the stats come out that he really didn't, they start giving answers like what you just did.

HEY....He's going to do SO much better than Obama.....  he didn't do better than Obama.....OH>....well, Obama would have never been able to do what he did.

Spin spin spin......

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's all stuff he said he could do when he was campaigning better than Obama.  He's bragged constantly along with his worshipers about how much better he did with the economy.  NOW.....when the stats come out that he really didn't, they start giving answers like what you just did.

HEY....He's going to do SO much better than Obama.....  he didn't do better than Obama.....OH>....well, Obama would have never been able to do what he did.

Spin spin spin......

So you thought the 2012-2016 was great for business and things were rolling along fine?

• Plus1 2
21 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve answered your question.  It’s a zero sum game.  Vote for one or the other if you want to win.  Both parties hate the racists.  If racists liked gun control, high taxes, and America last they would vote Democrat, if they don’t then it’s Republican.  What other choice do they have that has a chance to win an election?  Why do the Black Nationals vote Democrat?  Why does Antifa vote Democrat.  It’s the same reasons just in reverse.  They identify more with the Democrat party on the issues they care about that don’t deal directly with hating white and Jewish people.  Things like higher taxes, universal health care, climate taxes, gun control, etc...

It's not an answer. It's excuse making. Racists, homophobes, ethno-nationalists and anti-semites don't align with the Republican party because they conveniently support the 2nd amendment, low taxes and 'America first.' Neither of those things are related to one another. If they were, you would think these deplorables would find a home inside the Democratic party. Except, they don't. They largely align with Republicans. That says something.

So, once again, it largely looks like the affiliation being pointed out is the problem... and not the deplorables themselves. If those people were a problem, the GOP would do a better job of actively condemning and ostracizing these elements of their party. Instead, we have documented case after documented case of the GOP doing the exact opposite or, at the very least, sending mixed messages about how they feel about them.

• Plus1 2
21 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No.  Trump was the only president in my lifetime to stick with his campaign promises.  I was quite surprised when Trump actually adopted an America First policy and avoided foreign wars while trying to get out of the ones we are in.  You can find those promises in the speeches from the other guys but only Trump acted accordingly. 

What do you mean, "no?" Your response doesn't even touch on most of what I said.

It is a provable fact that Trump was a lifelong liberal and then did a complete 180 degree spin on virtually every political viewpoint he once held. If you think that about face came from a place of honesty and integrity, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

It's not an answer. It's excuse making. Racists, homophobes, ethno-nationalists and anti-semites don't align with the Republican party because they conveniently support the 2nd amendment, low taxes and 'America first.' Neither of those things are related to one another. If they were, you would think these deplorables would find a home inside the Democratic party. Except, they don't. They largely align with Republicans. That says something.

So, once again, it largely looks like the affiliation being pointed out is the problem... and not the deplorables themselves. If those people were a problem, the GOP would do a better job of actively condemning and ostracizing these elements of their party. Instead, we have documented case after documented case of the GOP doing the exact opposite or, at the very least, sending mixed messages about how they feel about them.

A). Yes it literally is an answer.  You asked a question of me and I gave a response.  That is called an answer.  You may not agree, you may think it’s wrong,  it it’s still an answer.  

B). Based on your reply, you must have missed the 27 times Trump himself denounced those groups.  Or maybe just chose to ignore them conveniently.  

C) It seems you are on record with your reply that the GOP actively wants the support of the racist members of society.  But only the white ones, not the black nationals, or whatever group of latino’s that hate black americans?  And you seem to believe those people vote GOP solely because they believe the GOP is a racist party, not because of other issues the GOP supports like gun rights, low taxes, border security, an America first agenda.  Am I misunderstanding you?  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

What do you mean, "no?" Your response doesn't even touch on most of what I said.

It is a provable fact that Trump was a lifelong liberal and then did a complete 180 degree spin on virtually every political viewpoint he once held. If you think that about face came from a place of honesty and integrity, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

Trump was a lifelong Democrat for reasons plainly explained in the debates.  While every other politician would have told you about their religious conversion following a discussion with their toddler, Trump simply told everyone I'm a business man who played the game. 

Trump was a liberal?   What liberal thing did he do besides write checks to politicians instead of the IRS? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1